Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help!!! GTX Raider 90 vs. Kazuma 110

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! GTX Raider 90 vs. Kazuma 110

Ok guys, I have narrowed down my 2 choices for my kids quads. The first is the GTX Raider 90 2-stroke and the second is the Raceway Kazuma 110 4-stroke. I have read all the reviews and I am almost leaning toward the 4-stroke but I still can’t decide which will be better for my 2 kids. My main concern is reliability. There won’t be any racing or big jumps until they are a lot older. (By then, they can get whatever they want.) Mainly, trail riding with me and around yard in the back. Also, I am looking at something that will last a while with proper maintenance. If anyone has any experience with any of these 2 quads, good or bad, let me know. I am trying to get as much info on both so I can make the best decision possible. I need help quickly because I was planning to purchase them by the end of the week so I can have them shipped by Christmas. Thanks for your help.

The Raider: http://www.motortoysdirect.com/produ...products_id/56

The Kazuma: http://www.racewayatv.com/Kazuma-ATV-110.php

Old 12-08-2004, 01:55 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hands down, the GPX Raider.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

I just ordered the GPX 90 today and should have it by Monday. If it is of any help, shipping to Illinois from Motor Toys Direct is just 3 business days. I believe they ship from a warehouse in Pennsylvania.
I personally like the overall features the GPX has to offer over the Kazuma, in particular the foot operated rear disc brakes, full floor boards, and Mikuni carb. I think these features alone set it apart from the Kazuma.
There isn't much time for me to get it, assembly, ride and give a legitimate review so I hope this helps.
By the way, the guy at Motor Toys Direct tells me this is the same manufacturer as the Polaris Predator only they use different plastic obviously and the GPX has the rear hydraulic disc brake which is better in my opinion.
Good luck!!

Old 12-08-2004, 07:36 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Yes, I kinda partial to the clones. Lot's of parts and aftermarket hop ups (if needed).

Old 12-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

What review did you read did you read on the gpx quad.
Point me in the right direction.
Please!!
Roman

Old 12-09-2004, 10:01 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Eton style engine. Why would we need a review? It's just like every other clone. Except with a rear hydraulic foot brake!

Old 12-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer

What review did you read did you read on the gpx quad?
I didn’t read anything bad about either of the quads. I was looking at the “2-stroke vs. 4-stroke” discussion I started a while ago. Many of the guys there were telling me that for my needs, I probably would be better with the 4-stroke but I do like that the fact that the GPX 90 is that same as the Polaris Predator. I still don’t know which way I am going to lean.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Will67
I just ordered the GPX 90 today and should have it by Monday. If it is of any help, shipping to Illinois from Motor Toys Direct is just 3 business days. I believe they ship from a warehouse in Pennsylvania.
I personally like the overall features the GPX has to offer over the Kazuma, in particular the foot operated rear disc brakes, full floor boards, and Mikuni carb. I think these features alone set it apart from the Kazuma.
There isn't much time for me to get it, assembly, ride and give a legitimate review so I hope this helps.
By the way, the guy at Motor Toys Direct tells me this is the same manufacturer as the Polaris Predator only they use different plastic obviously and the GPX has the rear hydraulic disc brake which is better in my opinion.
Good luck!!
Will67 How do you like the GPX 90? My son is allmost 5' and 100lbs. This will be his first quad. Do you think this would be good for him? We trail ride in East Tn. Thanks!!!!!!!!1

Old 01-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer

Well, not much to report yet. First machine came in damaged and I had to refuse it. It was busted all to heck. Motor Toys came through and delivered another one in less than a week, however this one had the wrong battery from the factory. It starts and runs great, but we've been unable to put the seat on and ride it as the battery is an inch too tall and the seat won't go on.
The styling is pretty cool and it appears to be well built.
Slydog, it sounds like your boy might be a little big for this machine. It would be a good starter, but I don't think it'd last him long.
Will post more this week as the correct battery should be here any day now.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Will67
Well, not much to report yet. First machine came in damaged and I had to refuse it. It was busted all to heck. Motor Toys came through and delivered another one in less than a week, however this one had the wrong battery from the factory. It starts and runs great, but we've been unable to put the seat on and ride it as the battery is an inch too tall and the seat won't go on.
The styling is pretty cool and it appears to be well built.
Slydog, it sounds like your boy might be a little big for this machine. It would be a good starter, but I don't think it'd last him long.
Will post more this week as the correct battery should be here any day now.
Thanks for the reply. There is a shop down the road that is getting in some Kuzuma 110s in a week or so I think we will go there and try him on one. We ride in alot of water so I didn't know about the cvt belt on the raider. Thanks again!!!!!!!1

Quick Reply: Help!!! GTX Raider 90 vs. Kazuma 110