Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Most Reliable Kid Atv??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Reliable Kid Atv??

The Honda TRX90 is hands down more reliable than any of the Chinese mini quads. Because of this, their resale value seems to be more reliable too. Most of the cheapo quads have lots of "cool" looking features that become repair headaches in short time. You get what you pay for. Do you plan on making all of the needed repairs by yourself? Will parts be available for that particular model in the future? Is there a solid dealer network and national parts availability online? Probably not!
A good used TRX90 can be had for less than $1500. The things last forever and seldomly break down. You can pick one up and ride it for several years and sell it for little loss. They don't have electric start, and this is literally a bonus. Small children will require an adult to get it started so they won't get into trouble with one if an adult isn't around. No fussing with batteries and 2-strokes that don't want to start. Year after year, the just keep on running.
The Honda is a little wider and more "squatty" than many of the imports. I think it's very stable and unlikely to flip as I've seen happen with the Polaris Sportsman 90.

My 2¢

Old 01-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i prefer electric start. On a LT80, you can get both pull and electric. We've had an '88 Yamaha Moto 80, 4-spd (NO SUSPENSION), otherwise bullet-proof,2000 Honda TRX90 (didn't like pull start, and it took on water in carb easier than the Yamaha), LT80, Kasea 50 Mighty-mite, RAptor 80, '84 Suzuki LT50. I like the Rap80 best. shaft drive=no chain tensioning or lubing, 3 spd = you can have them learn basics in 1st gear + govern throttle. JUST as well built and dependable as the Honda.

Your type of riding will make a big diff. The rap80 is NOT for racing compared to the LT80 or Eton. Eton apparently doesn't cross the deep water aswell, with water getting in beltcase cited as a problem. I don't think the Honda is a great racer either, unless your kids can master shifting up and down at always the right time.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Pro Rider

Dinli and E-Ton are fastly becoming your next Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki. They are both excellent machines. I do have a big preference of one over the other but you all know that.

PArts for these are National and easy to get plus the aftermarket parts for these machines are everywhere. The Dinli is physically bigger than the E-Ton if that makes a difference. Check them both out and let the kid decide.
If you need websites to check out Dinli stuff you can visit
www.dinli-usa.com
www.wrhracing.com
www.hetrickracing.com

Old 01-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got an ETON 70 for my 5 year old son. My nephew has a Raptor 80. The Eton hndles way better than the raptor and is almost as fast set at 5 on the CDI. I Actually prefer the ETON. This machine seemes to be built very well and handles all the punishment me and my kid could give it. Youa re looking at $3300 FOR A RAPTOR 80 I got my ETON for $1960 out the door.

Old 01-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Raptor 80 here will run you $2100. What about when you try and resale it. Which one will you get the most out of? Yamaha!

Old 01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Eton holds it value fairly well.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

Denli and Eton, Both are quality machines. The 90cc denli even comes with reverse. You would be surprised how many people buy bikes and then want reverse as an afterthought.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

Ive heard twice now that one of Hondas best designer also designed the Denli. From experience I can tell you to buy large and turn the limiter down. Kids grow fast and you dont want to buy again in a couple years. Stay away from the smaller bikes with rigid suspension, kids really take a beating with smaller tires and rigid suspension. They also become upset when they cant go where you go because their sprocket is 1-2 inches off the ground. Personally the Eton Yukon inpresses me but it may be a little too large for them.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

All of the japanese 80's and 90's are good, I personally would stay away from all yes all of the otheres. Just search all of the post and you will see a lot of problems for quads that haven;t been out for that long. Don't get me wrong you will also see posts asking about lt 80s and badger 80s, but that is because they have been out for a long time and older machines do have occasional problems, especially if the previously didn't take care of them.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Yes, please do a search on MZ, QJ, Xtreme, Dinli, Eton, Kasea, LRX, Unilli, GPX, Alpha Sports, DRR, Sundiro and let us know what you find.

Not all off-brands are created equal.

Quick Reply: Most Reliable Kid Atv??