Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Carter XTV 1150

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carter XTV 1150

Hello everyone.... I'm new to this forum so I thought i'd introduce myself and ask a couple of questions.

My name is Rich, I live in Alabama and my wife and I are looking for some Off road Carts.

we've been looking at the Carter Bros. XTV 1150.... and i've done a search on this site for them, but i can't find anything. does anyone know anything about them?? are they just as good as the Hammerhead Twister and others?? are they for more of a racing style of ride or what??

we found them for 2100.00 online and i'm seriously considering buying 2 of them.... we like the mini-rail look of them... but, i'd like performance too.

so, any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Rich

Old 02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Range Rover
Default Carter XTV 1150

If you read the hammerhead thread, (I know its long) Steve (hopsterguy) talks about his experience with his. Apparently it does have a stronger engine however he goes into detail about the ride, turning, etc. that you should know about. Have you considered the Carter Talon? same as the twister except cheaper.

He will probably post on here soon so you can get some first hand info.
kell

Old 02-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Carter XTV 1150

Thanks Kell.... i did read the thread(and yes, it was long)... some good info. looks like i'm going with the XTV1150 and i'm thinking about getting the blade, KPX or Talon for the wife.

thanks again for the insight Kell.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carter XTV 1150

Hey... Kell woke me up from my internet slumber to find this post.

I like my single seater XTV for the power it has. It definately seems to have more power than my 2004 Xterro. It has more
low end grunt, yet can also go faster. Did a side by side run with my piped/jetting KPX Xterro and the piped/jetted XTV and
it was no contest. The XTV was faster off the line and easily pulled away at speed as well.

But, the XTV has rock hard suspension that seems to beat the driver up more compared to the Xterro. Even when the xtv
is on the softest settings it doesn't compare. The XTV turns more like a Yerf Dog would... in
other words, the turning radius is HUGE... it basically relys on it's power to get around turns. If you gun it in a turn you can
kick the rear end out and then get around a sharp turn nicely. But with low power and steering only you will find yourself
getting out a lot ot push it backwards if you don't make the turn correctly. Oh yeah... and no reverse gear... which can be
good as the reverse mechanisms can be troublesome.

Not sure how a 2005 xterro would be compared to it, as I hear they now have more power. Also, Twister has upgraded
the Hammerhead with more power and an oil cooled engine. Just make sure you get an upgraded one. They are supposed
to have good power now too.

Watch ou for KPX. I'm having troulble with a warranty claim against a 2004 Xterro right now. After finally getting in touch
with the guy that handles their claims, he is saying he'll have to send the photos of my buggy's damage off to China before
a decission is made. What's to decide??? The cart broke under normal off roading conditions... crazy. They don't use a
grade 8 bolt on the gearbox support arm, and watch out if it shears!!!

All this said.... I still like the Carter XTV. It's more of a rough, classic dirt cart than the more refined chinese buggys out there.
But the speed and power is fun. If you are able to test drive one first go ahead... I like my Xterro, Blade and XTV for
different reasons. But I like them all, for sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

-Steve

Old 02-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Carter XTV 1150

Hey Steve,

I ended up going with the XTV for myself and the Blade for my wife.... i looked at the KPX, Blade and Talon for the wife and she decided she like the way the Blade looked being all black. I don't blame her either... it's pretty sharp lookin'.

so, here in about 2 weeks we should have both of them... we're both pretty excited. of course... now i have to give up one of my motorcycles. lol

Rich

Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Carter XTV 1150

well, the XTV has arrived.... i've put it together(didn't take long) and now i'm charging the battery. of course the wife is jealous that i have mine first. lol

anyways...

Are Steve and I the XTV owners on this board? and what about the blade? anyone else own one?

thanks,
Rich

Old 02-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Carter XTV 1150

As far as I know, we are. At least as far as those that post... If there are lurkers I wish
they would reveal themselves.

It's a good cart with good power. Deserves more riders. Needs better steering though.

-Steve