Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Doro Motors/Wicked Rocket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doro Motors/Wicked Rocket?

Has anyone dealt with either of these companies? I ordered what is called a Trax 55 at www.gasrides.com through www.wickedrocket.com and after about 2 months, it finally came - without any nuts or bolts to attached the wheels, no bracket to attach the handlebars, no solution for the battery and no nuts or bolts to attach the front bumper piece or another small part of the frame. It has now been almost two weeks since the delivery of the incomplete ATV, with no parts yet.

This ATV was ordered as a Christmas present for my son, who has been pretty patient. As a 6-year old, it is hard for him to see the thing still sitting in the crate with no wheels or tires attached yet, and for me - it is blocking the lawn mower so that I can't get it out.

Any suggestions? What recourse do I have? I did pay for it back in December - can I still do something through the credit card company?

Lastly - what is the maker of this ATV?

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm familiar with Doro Motors, and you're lucky you got the product you ordered. Doro Motors has made the local news for taking orders and not delivering products. They're also all over ripoffreport.com.

I'd start by contacting the credit card company. You'll get nowhere talking to Doro Motors. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I emailed Doro Motors and they said that if I do not have the parts by 6 PM today that they will overnight mail another set. Whether it was the threat of going to the credit card company about the "partial ATV I received" or just trying to help, either way I'll just be happy to get the parts.

Also, I did not get any kind of instructions, and the manual that came with it is laughable....but I guess that is part of the thrill off shopping for internet bargains. Perhaps the instructions were included in the parts kit I never got.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Still no parts, so the incomplete ATV sits in my garage with no wheels attached, no way to attach the handlebars, etc.

What recourse do I have? I can call the credit card company to dispute the charge, can't I? It has been a while since the charge went through on my card, since there have been all these delivery delays. It's terrible - my 6-year old goes into the garage and looks at an ATV he can't ride, and has been waiting for since Christmas.

Any other recourse? Too bad nothing was done through the mail, as then I could get the Feds involved, perhaps.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

That is the same 55 I just bought for my 6 year old son. I really like it. Runs really nice, but highcenteres easily in the mud. Not sure who makes it, but I'm told that it's out of one of the better factorys and has a good track record. It's also sold as a Redcat FX55. My headlight shines up WAY too high, need to figure out how to adjust it. I was also told that if an adult rides it and bottoms out the rear suspension the intake tube will break. The guy said he sells lots of them, so be careful on that.

Here is a web site for a wholesaler that will supposedly sell parts to the public
http://www.sunl.com/index.asp

Old 03-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I checked out the sunl website, but didn't find a parts list for that model, what they show as a SLA-50 I think. Have you found a spark arrestor for it?

Who did you buy yours from, and do they sell parts?

Old 03-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

I bought mine from
http://www.whitelightningpowersports.com/

He does sell parts. Ask for Zak.

I have only had my ATVs for about 3 days so I haven't looked for a spark arrestor.

The SLA50 is exactly what I have. I think it also sold as a 55. Good to see that a complete engine is only 200.

Old 03-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I contacted Big Tex's Motor Sports (www.bigtexmotorsports.com) as I saw they sell ATV's on e-bay just like the one I bought. They have been very helpful! I have emailed them pictures of the handlebar frame, the battery that was sent with no solution and they have told me what size bolts to buy at Home Depot. They have the parts, so even though I have to pay for them, at least teh ATV will be put together!

Old 03-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Range Rover

Watch the carb throttle cap. My son's unscrewed today and the engine runs wide open. Could have been ugly, but luckily the engine just died. Make sure it tight before putting a kid on it.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

About the owners manual that comes with some of these imports?

My Yamoto 70 just come in yesterday and it also come in with no directions and an owners manual that shows the right front brake lever as being for the REAR and the left front handlebar being for the FRONT,this is --------COMPLETELY backwords!

It also come with a broken front right bracket that holds the brake cable.

It sure does run well though.

Quick Reply: Doro Motors/Wicked Rocket?