Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

byxe.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default byxe.com

Anybody have experience with or have an opinion on the 150 and 200 quads on this site? BYXE.COM

Old 04-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Range Rover
Default byxe.com

(I fixed the link)

Old 04-04-2005, 02:40 AM
Quad Patrol
Default byxe.com

Never heard of them. Seeing your from Calfornia, are you familiar with the red/green sticker registration requirements for atv's/motorcycles? If not, I suggest doing a search on the forums about "California red sticker" a few threads have been posted about this subject. Bottom line, Green sticker allows you to ride year round, red sticker only about 6 month out of the year. Have you looked at raceway atv's? He seems to be abreast on the registration laws in Ca and how they effect differnet atv's. He is also a preferred vendor here on the forum. He has a link on the upper left corner of the forum page.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Range Rover
Default byxe.com

Yes, all too familiar w/stupid Cal red sticker deal. I know that the Yomoto 110 is currently the only green sticker bike but I prefer an auto for my daughter. I'm hoping to find an auto w/reverse with a VIN that wont trigger DMV to issue red sticker, and having little luck. The 110 was the only quad deliverable to Cali until recently, and now all Redcat / Kazuma can be delivered but get red sticker, my hope is that will soon change also and they get greens since they all have similiar/identical 4-stroke engines.

I was hoping somebody was familiar with the quads on this site and could tell me if they are a knock-off of another better known brand, as many of these Chinese quads seem to be. I'm a little hesistant to deal with a complete unknown for reliability/warranty reasons. I would probably buy the Redcat 150MKII or the FX-250 from Raceway the day they were back in stock if it werent for this stupid red sticker thing. Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Quad Patrol
Default byxe.com

I think all us atver's in California feel the same pain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was in the same boat for awhile last year. Decided to get the Raptor 80 for my daughter. She learned to ride on the Honda 70 we have, so, for us an automatic was just a luxury[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only way really around the sticker crap is to buy pre-2002 and get an automatic that way. Good Luck on your adventure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And, Ride Safely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default byxe.com

Did you buy one of the ATV's from Byxe? If so how do you like it, if not did you get any new information on them?

Old 06-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Range Rover
Default byxe.com

Nope. Bought a Redcat 150 MKII, just got it a couple of weeks ago. 1400 delivered to my door. Looks decent, got a ride coming up, we will see.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default byxe.com

I just found out that Byxe has a California green sticker ATV. It's a 150 auto. Has anyone bought from them yet? I think I'm gonna get this one. I wanna call them first and see how well they know their bikes.

this is the chart I found on their site. California sticker thing is at the bottom

ATV Chart

Old 07-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default byxe.com

I bought the 200cc and one of the 50cc machines from them and have them in the garage. The 200cc changed from being a semi-automatic to being a manual during my order but I am just teaching my boy to ride with a clutch. The only other problem with the 200cc was the steering stop being set in to close which made for a real large turning radius. There was about 3/4" clearance before the tie rods hit anything so I took a die grinder and widened the gap in the steering stop and shortened the turning radius dramatically. I have no problems with the 50cc so far. I paid $2300 and some change for both bikes delivered to the door, not to bad since I will probably sell both of them within a year or so and buy bigger bikes for both kids.....