Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

ct's lt 50 kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ct's lt 50 kit

i put a ct racing kit on my son's lt 50 and i have a 75 jet in it as i tried all three jets they sent me and it would only run good with the choke on. if you turn the choke off it would not run so well. i put race fuel in it and it runs pretty good but i don't want to run race fuel in it all the time. can anyone tell me what i might need to do. ct says they will send me some bigger main jets. just thought i would run it by all of you. thanks for any help.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ct's lt 50 kit

I'm with the father on this one. More fuel needs more air. Elevation and weather play a big role in my tuning. I am at sea level and am running a .75 main. I left the pilot alone after removeing the first one. When I run in dry air at sea level( were there is a bunch more oxygen to burn) I will run just a shade lean. Because the compression ratio is changed with the new CT head... This helps with engine bog at starts. When our days are foggy I tune the other way. Also, I am a tinkerer so I will pull my daughter off the quad when it gets good and hot and play with the mix untill it sounds right for the days conditions then let her go nuts for as long as she can stand it! I tune alot like a watch maker or guitar player. Once I get the right mix I can hear and feel it. I double check her plug every so often for consistent color then make adjustments based on running evidence. I run regular ol' 91 octaine and have left the oil drip on. I will be experimenting with octaine booster at the races this weekend just to see how it works but I am not convinced that I have to spend the extra money or put the extra wear and tear on her motor with race fuel.

BTW if you haven't lowered the profile of the tires or put spacers on the bike I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you do. Yesterday she was sracing her brother on his CRF and swiftly kicked his *** when she stayed on the pipe. Problem is she about gave me a heart attack when she was WOT through some offset whops and I could see the bike wanting to buck her off beacause of its itty bitty foot print. Wifey is better with mee in the ER than with me putting the kids in the ER.

Hope all this helps!