ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kids Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/)
-   -   04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/214970-04-05-yamaha-raptor-50-a.html)

grampadino 12-07-2007 06:35 PM

04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50

atvingnc, Thanks i`ll do that. It seems that all my Grandson needs is that little takeoff and all will be well

grampadino 12-07-2007 07:16 PM

04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50

I know i`m taking up alot of time and space,but one morething. After i achieve the power and takeoff, what size tires and spacers do get, and what will be the end result? Plus , what kind of price am i looking at ?

atvingnc 12-07-2007 08:38 PM

04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50

You can take a couple of routes for the wheels and spacers.

for our 50 I took the wheels from our Raptor 80 and mounted them on the 50 with 2" lug type spacers. I got the spacers on ebay for front and back for about $100. this worked out ok. I decided to put the raptor 80 wheels on the 50 to give slightly more ground clearance but you can just mount the 50 wheels back on with the lug type spacers.

for the Raptor 80 I bought the 2" aluminum wheel spacers for front and back and ITP offset rims and tires. the raptor 80 handles awesome and looks good. The spacers cost me $150 for all four wheels and the tires and rims where $400. The spacers are normally $110 a pair but I have seen them on ebay for $55.00 a pair. the tire package is also on ebay. try doing a search on Raptor 80. also if you do a search on yamaha badger, yfm80, yamaha champ, yfm100 on ebay it will yield many parts and some accessories that will fit the raptors. there are also sites out there that sell cooler racks, grab bars, front bumpers, exhausts, etc ... for the raptor 50/80 all depends on the money you want to spend.

another site you can check out is raptor80racing.com for parts. most if not all of the 80 parts (exhaust, wheels, etc ..) will fit the 50.

I purchased my spacers from http://www.weirdharoldscoolparts.com/ the price was good however it took a couple of months and a number of phone calls to get them to send the spacers after I ordered them so ......

grampadino 12-08-2007 10:10 AM

04-05 Yamaha Raptor 50

atvingnc, Thanks, for all the great info. I also have 2 2005 350 wolverines that I put 2 inch taller tires on and could use more take off power . We live in apple valley california and do desert , sand , and mountain riding.

jayinnh 12-25-2010 07:48 PM

Bog on takeoff

Hi all
I realize this is an old thread, but it's the longest I have found on 50 hop ups.
I've done the jets, slider, throttle lever, and she runs pretty good but has the bog on take off that many have described. Meaning if you give it full throttle from idle it will die. Has anyone found a solution? Does removing clutch balls fix this?
Thanks for any help
Jay

atvingnc 01-04-2011 05:34 AM

jayinnh,

I don't know if the clutch ball removal will help this problem but a couple of months ago I was adjusting the low speed (idle) mixture screw (I usually have it about 1 1/2 turns from seated) and I found that having it out only about 1/2 turn from seated seemed make the stall problem much better. I can't remember though if it required me to play with the idle speed adjustment but I can only assume that it does.

jayinnh 01-18-2011 09:24 AM

Clutch done

Removed all but four balls, helps it spin up maybe 1000 Rpm before engaugement, helps a bit, still not making that much power, I have been looking at Cdi boxes, there are maybe six orseven availible, can't find any specs on any other than "1000 rpm more than stock"
Could anyone post up their redline? Does anyone know where ir revs to stock?
Thanks, don't want to spend a hundred bucks for a small improvement.

MyToyz808 03-02-2020 05:08 PM

New to the forum but been reading for days. Anyway upgraded my kids 2004 raptor 50 with the following. Procom 80 CDI, did the clutch balls, put a completely new 80 carburetor with 80 internals, took out spark in exhaust and put a K&N filter along with a new spark plug and trimmed the throttle bracket.

Problems I’m having after installing everything is bike sputtering at mid to high range RPM and constantly fouling the plug (black) any suggestions? Do you think I need a new coil or maybe even have to adjust the valves in the head? Could that be causing the sputtering which is the reason why my plug is black and fouling? If I install a new plug it will be black within 30 minutes while trying to tune the bike.... any help appreciated thanks also for some reason I can’t find that raptor80racing website..... did they shut down?

raptor50 07-22-2020 12:32 AM

midcalracing

Originally Posted by MyToyz808 (Post 3432364)
New to the forum but been reading for days. Anyway upgraded my kids 2004 raptor 50 with the following. Procom 80 CDI, did the clutch balls, put a completely new 80 carburetor with 80 internals, took out spark in exhaust and put a K&N filter along with a new spark plug and trimmed the throttle bracket.

Problems I’m having after installing everything is bike sputtering at mid to high range RPM and constantly fouling the plug (black) any suggestions? Do you think I need a new coil or maybe even have to adjust the valves in the head? Could that be causing the sputtering which is the reason why my plug is black and fouling? If I install a new plug it will be black within 30 minutes while trying to tune the bike.... any help appreciated thanks also for some reason I can’t find that raptor80racing website..... did they shut down?

I think they that they are now called midcalracing in fresno not sure but I have been talking to a guy Al there and sounds very knowledgeable on these atvs.. I'm looking for wheel/tires . anyway did the clutchball removal help? I'm thinking of doing it. trying too hook this lil 50 up. so far I've just put the dynatek cdi went from doing 11mph to 16mph and I'm getting big gun exhaust as we speak..(GOT THE 50 IN. THE SHOP. carburetor screw went in the valves