Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Red Cat ATV

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Cat ATV

DO NOT buy a Redcat 150MKII if you plan on riding in the sand or very soft ground, unless you are inclined to modify the front end. Speaking from experience. Handles very poorly in the sand. Seemed to be a decent quad for the money otherwise.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

Wheel Spacers are a must! Redcats are not as wide as the big 4 and wheel spacers will improve handling

Old 11-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Range Rover
Default Red Cat ATV

Yes they do, but NOT IN THE SAND, made the problem worse on ours. Front end was very unstable, shimmied. I took the spacers off and used some bungee cords as a makeshift steering stabilizer which helped for the time we were riding. Probably a fine trail or dirt quad but definetly not a duner.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default Red Cat ATV

My son's Redcat works great! We have had no problems yet. I also own a Kawasaki and a Honda and both have had problems. Expensive problems and we are not kids tearing up our bikes. Everything can break. Corvettes are in the repair shop more than any other Chevy model.

When the temp is cold and we have trouble starting our bikes, my son just turns his Redcat key and it fires right up. Just read the manual and learn how to take care of it properly. One thing with a chain drive bike though, you HAVE to buy chain lube and keep your chain lubricated. This keeps the dirt out of the links. Otherwise your chain will loosen all the time until it wears out. Keep it spray lubed and you will probably only have to adjust it once after it breaks in. (it will loosen when breaking in)

Best of luck! PS I was at some quad races this weekend while there were kids racing on the big 4 name bikes, there were also kids racing on Kazumas.

Teej

Old 02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Default Red Cat ATV

these redcats are good bikes/atvs butdo not buy online if you dont work on or have so skills with atvs
theres redcat dealers in all states go to redcatmotors.com click on dealer locator im sur a dealer near you will help them them you see them on the net cheaper and i bet youll get a deal see a dealer put them together GOOD AND GOES THUR THEM GOOD AND MOST OF THEM WILL DO THE WARRANTY WORK IF ANT FREE OR REAL CHEAP I OWN A 20OCC REDCAT AND MY 2 BOYS HAVE THE 110 AND 150 MY X-GIRL FREIND WAS A DEALER OR IS A DEALER I DO NOT LIKE HER BUT THE BIKES ARE GOOD

Old 03-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Red Cat ATV

their's not a make or model atv ever made that someone hasn't had a problem with, to prove my point just look at the other threads, i use my kazuma dingo almost every day for two years now and had two problems ,i had to replace the carbuator once cost was $45.00 off of e-bay, last month i had to replace the brakes master cylinder, cost was $135.00. i paid $1400 for the quad, diffeidently worth the money. parts are easy obtainable, the engine is a honda gy6 clone and their's quit a bit of performance parts made for these, i wouldn't waste my money on a major brand,