Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 110 trans problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 110 trans problem

I was wondering if anybody had any transmission problems with a Kazuma 110. I'm not sure if it's the clutch or transmission but when reaching maximum speed a nasty sound and vibration comes from the lower end. It says there until I slow down to a certain speed then all is fine. It almost sounds like something is rubbing on the casing...perhaps the clutch?? The sound is really hard to describe but it has happened several times all under the same circumstances. I have change the oil since and there is no metal chips in the oil. This has happened all summer long and the ATV works fine otherwise. My son rarely uses 3 third gear so it hasn’t been an issue However, now that the season is winding down I want to fix it. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can tell you that ALL the 110 model trannies make a loud whine sound when in third gear at max speed. The manufacturer says it will go away with time. I have 2 110's a Yamoto and Kazuma and they both do it. It has been almost a year now and it is getting better. They say it is nothing to worry about. Everyone that has this noise has not had any problems otherwise. One thing I did do is change the tires with a name brand and went up to a bigger size and it does not wind out nearly as much now.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the response. Wow, I can’t believe they consider that normal. It almost sounds like something is striping out inside. I guess if it was as bad as it sounds there would be a lot of metal in the oil. I still might take it apart to investigate because I find it hard to believe there isn’t any kind of damage besides, I’m curious what could be making that noise.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They say that when it gets hot it has to deal with a bearing or gear clearance issue but it should go away with time. It is an awful sound but it does get better.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a kazuma sfx 110 for my kids for christmas to day and was wondering if I made a good choice. Other than the noise at top speed have any of you had any other problems out of them? Would you buy another? I feel like I got a pretty good deal on it. I paid $899 for it and that includes shipping. I ride quite a bit and if will last my kids a few years then I will be satisfied. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

First off where did you buy from? When you do get it take your time getting it together and get some locktite. Locktite all major bolts and nuts or they will come loose. I have 2 110's and they have run flawless for almost a year now. I would highly recommend a clamp on filter because the stock airbox is junk. The ride is rough because the suspension is stiff. Some kids dont mind and some do. The tires are very hard and this does not help with the roughness. I spent $130 on a name brand tires, $35 on a clamp on K&N, $ on the K&N outerwears. Change the oil as soon as you get it. The oil that they have in them is just a shipping oil. Do not run it with that oil. Once you get everything together and ready to go start it and let it run for about 45min then let it cool down. You may have to do some carb adjustments. The reason I say let it run for a while is because most of them get shipped with a gel pack in the carb float bowl. Once you add gas it is supposed to dissolve. Most people like to start it then ride but the gel pack will not dissolve right and it will clogg the jets. Just let it run for a while. That way you know the battery is charged, you can make any adjustments and make sure everything works. After that all you need to do is check over it every once in a while.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, the 110 is worth the money but the unit is only as good as the person putting it together.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

I have bought 3 of them over the past year, all from high rpm racer. They aren't well liked on this forum and I had issues with them but I always got my ATV's within 7-10 days. One of them came in 3 days. I guess it depends where you live and how close the warehouse is.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: happydad
where did you order it from? did you get it yet? how long did it take? i orderd 3 quads on 11/10/05 and dont have them yet !!!!

Tell me you did not order from wicked rocket!

Quick Reply: Kazuma 110 trans problem