Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

kazuma leaking oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma leaking oil

We just bought 2 kazumas the 50cc and the Baby Falcon from a local dealer in our area for our two sons for Christmas.

My husband is mechanically inclined and did the inital assembley himself.

When he was to the point of adding oil, the oil went straight through the engine to the floor (on both machines).

We took them back to he dealer to have them looked at and the owner would not even give us the time of day unless we were to pay $70 an hour. Said the warranty was null and void since we assembled them ourselves. All we did was put on tires, straighten the handle bars add water to the battery and then installed it. We did not assemble the engine.

We were shocked since the machines were in our possession less than 6 hours, that we were getting such a hardtime.

Anyway, the nice guy at the shop told us the gaskets were missing and he would fix them. My question to anyone who has dealt with the Kazumas, is the approximately how much time should the repair take? and shouldn't missing gaskets be covered under the warranty.

We have a feeling the owner will attempt to screw us on the hourly charges amd not have them ready by Christmas. BUYER BEWARE OF www.GOSCOOT.com in Mandeville Louisiana

Hope someone can give me some advice. Should have purchased from RACEWAYATV

Thanks,

Old 12-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Where are you adding the oil? The oil fil IS NOT the chrome looking plug on the left side on top. GO SCOOT has had alot of bad publicity.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

my father n law did it since they are at his house (hiding out for christmas). i called and he said on the 110, he had to unscrew the filler cap with a screwdriver on the left side (as sitting on bike) or same side as gear shift. he assumed that the chrome cap on the back of engine to the right is for the differential fluid.

the same side for the 50 meercat

Old 12-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nothing goes in that cap. That is access for the stator(alternator). The fill on these are on the right side twards the back of the motor.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like you know alot about the things. One more question...I think

If my father-in-law put the oil in the wrong place do you think we hurt the machines? and what will we have to be done to correct the mistake? I new it would be more than one question :-)

He said when he put the oil in it appeared to drain all out immediately.

What do you think?

Old 12-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It will not hurt anything because it comes right out. The atv's already have oil in them but it is shipping oil and must be changed. If you like you can PM me and you can call me or I can call you to help you out.

Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the help. I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing it was our error instead of a defective bike.

If the dealer would have given us 5 minutes to explain the problem we wouldn't have an issue with him. But I still think he lacks common people skills and its a good thing he runs an internet business instead of retail. Actually dealing with customers would be a huge failure for him.

However, its Christmas time and he may be under alot of pressure since they can't keep these things in stock (which if that were my problem $$$ I would be happy to help anyone)

I'll pick up the bikes on Monday and see if we can try it again. Hopefully they will be alright.

I'll post the outcome on Monday evening so you can know how we made out.

Can't thank you enough!!
Joanne

Old 12-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just to clarify the oil change on these. Both will have a fill plug on the back right side that unscrews, a sight glass to see how full the oil is and both drains are the bigger of the 2 plugs on the bottom. The bigger drain plug is more to the front of the motor on the bottom. The smaller plug is the chain tensioner. There is no gear oil in these. It is lubricated by the engine oil. If you are in colder weather I would recommend 10w30 and 20w50 in the summer. I would also recommend using synthetic oil. They will only take about 1/2 quart.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

The guys at goscoot said the machines were ok and we had just overfilled the oil. Which seems strange it would leak out the bottom of the engine. Anyway, we went through hell just trying to find that out.

The 50 has a tough time starting and the 110 front brake lever tends to stick. We are going to have a friend of ours take a look at them. He has 2 of his own for his sons.

Christmas is saved.

thanks again

Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought a 50cc Kazuma for my son for Christmas and put it together last night. I saw your post on draining the shipping oil. Should I drain it immediately, or will it be ok for a short ride, less than an hour, before draining?

Quick Reply: kazuma leaking oil