Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma 250 falcon starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Kazuma 250 falcon starting problem

spliffy,

Don't you think it would be better to let her know that it is a temporary repair?
And what is going on with her carb?

Don't assume she has no clue as to what is going on. Give the person the benefit of the doubt. She can read, and I'm sure if a person has questions they will ask. But don't put people down and assume they have no clue. Tell people how to fix it with the temporary repair but also let them know they have other problems that they will have to attend to. Be thorough in your explanations. Don't get discouraged because people disagree with you. Keep giving the advise. Everyone learns from it. It's is better in the open than a PM. With temporary repairs then let them know. Also tell them how to make it a more permanent fix once they get it going.

SB.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not in the mood for this tonight, shouldn't have posted anything, sorry... cowgirl if you need help, just pm me or gimme a call.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

I did not think that was a good idea but looked anyway. Did not see the air tube. Anyway I ordered a carburator today thinking it had to be it, I already bought 2 new chokes and it still reacted the same way. About the warranty that is somewhat of a joke the dealer is really trying to help me but as far as the warranty goes that warranty is a joke Kazuma warrants the motor and trans but it is up to them if they want to warrant it or not and I have heard other stories about them as to their warranties,(no good). The dealer does business with Redcat now it seems their warranties are much better and they seem to stand behind their products. I will post about the new carb when it is put on. Any other ideas will be appreciated. Thank you

Old 01-17-2006, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider

cowgirl,

Here is some info on the cv carb. Read up on it and when you get your new carb your install should go well. Post your results. And if you need any help, just ask. Also there are good people with excellent information here in the forums. Try to stay away from the posts that require Duct Tape and Plastic Ties to do your repairs. 2manytoys does know what he is talking about. Read up on his Carb HOW-To there is good info there. If it comes down to a rejet of the carb and you need help just ask. You will be able to replace the pilot, main, and move your needle in either direction to get your carb tuned. Now as far as drilling the main jet like spliffy had stated before he removed all his postings, I suggest that you only do this as a last resort. Buy the necessary jets and sizes you will need. You never know when you will need to rejet for different climates or elevations. Truly when you don't own the proper tools ie. dyno and exhaust gas analyzer. It comes down to trial and error with jetting.

CV CARB INFO
CV Carb 1

CV Carb 2

This site has some info on how to replace the automatic choke and install a Plunger Primer, but only do this as a last resort. Now there are some people here in the forums that this method has worked out real well for them. But again as a last resort, only if you know your automatic choke is the source of your problem.

CV Carb Plunger Primer

Sorry to hear about the dealer and warranty problems you are having. It's good to see that you are at least trying to fix your own quad as opposed to sending them in for repair.

Good Luck and looking forward to your results.

sb.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

Well it was not the carbs put on a new one and same problems, here it turned out to be the valves, got both started one is running fairly well but the tube going into the manifold keeps working itself out going to put some silicone on it and see if that keeps it in, the other is being a little more difficult just cannot seem to get a happy setting will try playing with it some more on Thursday

Old 01-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

That's great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
At least your moving in the right direction. Continue to post your findings...

Are your Falcons brand new or do you have some hours on them?

The silicone should work but keep an eye on it. My vacuum line has a small wire clamp on each end to keep it in place.

Looking forward to your final results.

SB.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Trailblazer

Well guess what it does not seem to be the valves either, went out to start them and neither would start just turn over I know it has to be something stupid because they both have the same problem. I am going to call Raceway and see if John has any ideas. Will let you know what happens. 1 only has about an hour and the other maybe 2 or 3 hours. Thanks

Old 01-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

I thought we had the problems solved got them running good but after the one runs for a while and gets hot it starts to miss and then shuts off and the other does the same thing. Changed the carbs, plugs, chokes. Any other suggestions. Thanks

Old 01-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try taking the gas cap off when it starts to miss and die. One of my kids 110s would run good for a while and then just quit and not start. The gas tank vent hose was blocked.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

Got the one running great but after about 10 minutes it gets hot and overheats. Plenty of antifreeze , checked the water pump and it has all fins now remember they both acted the same before but have not tried the yellow one to see if it overheats also that one started to bog down again when given gas. thanks

Quick Reply: Kazuma 250 falcon starting problem