Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Desert Cat 90 neat little quad (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Desert Cat 90 neat little quad (pics)

Hey Guys

The kid was out enjoying the Desert Cat 90 today. Unison makes a great little quad. Though the electric start doesn't work nor do the headlights yet. Must be a loose wire somewhere. Gotta take a look this next weekend.

The kid loves it! Can't wait to get my new quad later this month.

Updated the pics on 15 March 06

The kid loves this machine and it moves along quite well!

Pic 1
Pic 2

Old 02-13-2006, 12:02 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking mini! BUT it looks a little too cold your direction for me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

LOL! This is the first real snow we have had since early Dec. In Rocheter we usually get 110" or so a year. I doubt we have 20" so far this year.

Heck the snow makes it more fun! Sliding without tearing up the yard.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Valder,

Nice pics. I also like the way the quad looks. Looks like your son likes his new quad. I bet he was real excited to get on his new quad and start riding around the yard. How long did it take you to get him back inside? Also did he talk about his new ATV all night?

SB. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, pretty sharp looking unit!

Old 02-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you like it. They are awesome quads! hetrickracing.com when you need some aftermarket goodies to make it even better!

Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Great looking mini. Looks like your young rider is having a blast.

As a suggestion, do pull its spark plug and check its plug color. The best color is beer bottle brown to slight black range.

If wondering, most mini's have their carb's set for 40-70F. Check to see what its jetting sticker states. This sticker is often on the side of the factory air box, or listed within its manual. If running below 40F, a 2 stroke will run much hotter (because of its lean mixture condition). If necessary, you may have to move its C-Clip down (which gives it more gas) or install a larger Main Jet (which gives it more gas) for your below 40F (and below) winter air. Winter air is much thicker then 40-70F air and thus, it makes a 2 stroke run lean (which is hot on the engine). What also helps is to install a colder spark plug rated plug for winter riding.

If wondering, we have a Polaris Predator 90 and have the same weather conditions as your area. For our Pred-90, we have a Summer Main Jet and a "next size larger" Winter Main Jet. And for those -5 F and below winter days, I shove a small foam block in the air filter snorkel. Thus, LESS air gets into the factory air box which means it doesn't run too lean - even with our 0F to +40 F winter main jet. Our summer Main jet is rated from +41 F to 80 F.

Hope this helps as well...

On the brighter side, great looking mini.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

sweet pics.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nice pictures. I looked at this quad as an option. I started to turn from it because of its seat height. Thinking it might be too big for my daughter. How old is your boy and how much does he weigh. What do you think of it so far?

Old 02-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

My kid is 8 and weighs 65lbs and is just a bit over 4 ft tall. When I adjusted the throttle I screwed the limiter all the way in, but it was still at half throttle and was way to fast for a newbie. So I removed the nut from the limiter and just tightened the screw all the way in. Perfect speed adjustment for him now till he learns more.

Had a few loose nuts when I got it. The electric start is not working as there must be a loose wire somewhere, but I have been traveling and it is too cold to look at it this weekend. Not a big deal as it kicks over easy and keeps my kid from starting it up and riding off without me being around. So far the quad is great. The little thing is pretty fast. I had my fat butt on it and it moved out quite well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Definately worth looking at IMHO.

Darrin

Quick Reply: Desert Cat 90 neat little quad (pics)