Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Reliability of the 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliability of the 90

Hello
I bought two 90's last year. One from the Bancroft CTC and one from the Ajax CTC. I couldn't keep them running long enough to finish the break in period before the warranty was up. Engin siezed and brake fell off on one, carb filled full of rubber, overflow draining tank, speedo not working, and not enough power to go up the slight incline of the driveway on the other (this was within the first 50 kms). It took daily faxes and phone calls from the repair shop to get a repair authorization 3 weeks after I took the machines in. When he did recieve the authorization it was for the wrong thing. That really eats into a 90 day warranty. The guy at the shop was nice enough to go ahead and repair my machines anyway. He then called CTC and told them not to send any more people his way because he was sick of dealing with irate customers and Baja. ( he won't even work on them now for paying customers). For the next round of repairs I took them to Crown Maintaince in Whitby. They had a hard time making room for my machines due to the number of other dead Baja's clogging their garage. They described them as "nightmares". At present the one machine still dumps all of it fuel out of the over flow tube ( the little bit thats remains of it after it melted to the side of the engine ) when the gas is valve in, and the other one is waiting for the $40 ignition switch. There was no continuity through the ignition switch and the machine would not start. I tore the switch apart and found that it was full of soldering flux that had corroded the contacts away. Sometime this spring when I have some time I plan on going over all the bolts with some Lok-tite and get them running. I am glad that some people are having good luck with theirs as it appears that many are not. It is a good thing that mine a just run on the dirt roads in the Bancroft when it is easy to go fetch them with the Jeep when they break down.