Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

NEW giovanni quad owner, , just want to say hi

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW giovanni quad owner, , just want to say hi

HI, Stumbled accross this website this mornin, just popping in to say hi. Bought one quad and then another. Will be buying many more, everyone wants to buy the ones i have when they see them. Have had a few problems with them, John seems to be good about getting you replacement parts. Just waiting on a replacement for a bent needle valve in the carb( think thats what its called) I read all the posts and think i will have a look at my valves, see if the need adjustment. I noticed a post awhile ago, someone mentioned theres came with remote kill switch. Mine don't have a remote kill switch, kinda need one sometimes. I have a 3 yr old boy that doesn't listen sometimes, when dad is yelling slow down. I wish i had just alittle bit of his no fear, LOL. I just have the pull teather on the back for a kill switch. I have been buying mine off ebay if that makes a difference. Its nice to know if i have questions or problems, there is a place i can maybe get answers or share ideas. I like the one with plastic brake and bend it with heat for little hands. I ended up using one of those big plastic coated screw in hooks from home depot. It took a couple to find the right shape, so i'd have the least bennding. Bent it and then fastened it with hose clamps. Seems to work. Got a red one, cause the boy knows red means stop and green means go. talk to to all soon

Old 05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,
have one on the way for my daughter.
Any tips.
dimensions look ok for her(she,s 80 lbs.)
Hope its not too small!
Have any pics with rider?

Old 05-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

HI, I got alot of info from reading all the threads on Giovani quads. Or posting threads and getting answers. Change the spark plug and change the oil right away.

I have some pics but my boy is only 3 1/2 and maybe 35 lbs. He looks a little small on it on the other hand me at 220 lbs looking way too large. It's got more than enough power to pull me around.

See Giovanni quad size thread, Brian talks about his daughter being 80 lbs and too big for quad. They are small but have lots of power. I'm cramped on it but really enjoy riding with the boy, 3 days in a row a little hard on the back.

.024 - .028 for plug gap and plug replacement should be NGK CR7HSA OR CR6HSA

4 stroke oil SAE 10W-40 SJ( I have been using Honda oil) may change its twice the price of Castrol oil at Canadian Tire

No major problems to report, had both about a month now.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks,
I was reading the on-line manual and am a bit confused.
In manual it states that you have to shift gears while on some posts people say its automatic.
Does not mention anything about reverse.
some people state that they have a remote.I did not see anything about that.
What did you have to assemble???

Old 05-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

HI, Online manual threw me for a loop too. It's for another quad not for the 50 cc, plug type and gap same to be the same. Also the type of engine oil is the same. There is no shifter and no reverse gear.

I have been trying to find out also how some people got remotes, both of mine never did. The ebay auction never stated a remote. I'm thinking they have older models. I think the online manual also states 2.5 lbs for tire pressure. The quad it self states 11.5 or 12.5 lbs. At those pressures i can't sem to get a good tire bead seal and they end up going flat in a day or two. 15 lbs seem to work good for keeping air in.

You will have put all 4 tires and rims on they will come in a second box
Hook the battery up
Mount the handle bars, all controls are already mounted to the bars.
Instructions aren't that great.
Add the oil you bought, I just topped up the oil and then changed it all in a couple of days. There are two bolts under the engine , the bigger of the two is the oil drain.

I ended up going thru all the bolts and making sure they were tight, exhaust was loose on both and that was it.

P.S. This might save you some time, i wish i had known( couldn't get quad to start after assembly) found it by accident after metering out every wire cause it wouldn't start. To start the quad you have to have the hand break pulled in as a safety measure. GOOD LUCK

Old 05-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks,
might have more questions when it arrives lol

Old 05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

Not a problem, I usually try a check here once before work and once after work each day

Old 05-15-2006, 01:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

LOL...I have to laugh at the hand brake to start the quad comment. I did the same thing and was cursing the little GIO up and down. Then my daughter suggested applying the brake at the same time and presto, it started... too funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

As for the GIO....still running like a hot damn.

Talk to you later.

Brian

Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Trailblazer

Where was your daughter when i was putting my bikes together ? . My neighbour was leaning against the brake by accident during the metering of the wires out and it started. LOL I can LOL now, ya alot of cursing happening here too.

Bike is running great here too, well 1 is, i gotta learn to stop tweeking the other one.

Gonna take my valves down from .004 and .006 can still hear ticking. My other neighbour is finally back in town from work. He knows alot about bikes and thinks that ticking is still too loud.

Gonna try .004 and .004. well 5:30 am time to get going to work, later

Old 05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here it comes.....
how do you adjust the valve setting??
sorry never done it before.

Quick Reply: NEW giovanni quad owner, , just want to say hi