Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

HELP me before i buy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP me before i buy!

good day all. ok here we go ive been all over this fourms and now its time to post.I like to know how the kazuma baby falcon 110 is.ive been reading all about it and it seems to be the best option for my son at the price..Hes been riding a honda fourtrax which is not in the best of shape so hes used too a 125.the size is almost the same so i know he would fit the bike.Iwould really like to know how it holds up at the sand dunes since thats where we ride all the time.and would i have problems to which i cannot get parts for , or is it easy to get parts.also is there aftermarket parts like upgrade exhaust and so on?Also ive been reading on the net and came to a conclusion that RACEWAY ATV is the best place to buy from do u floks agree? so if any one can help me decide it would be much help.1 last thing should i get the jet moto or the falcon kazuma

Old 05-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 9 y.o. daughter has had the baby falcon 110 since Jan 6. She uses it a lot. My 7 y.o. daughter drives it a good bit too when she's not on her sunl 70. The 110 has held up well. We've had no troubles with it. A boy might (probably would) be harder on it tho. I've changed the oil in it often as it has a very small sump - a bit more than 1/2 quart.

We dont have dunes but it does good on the hills around our house, trails and a small sand and mud bog built with my tractor. Here's an article that talks about dunes: http://www.atvriders.com/atvproductr...atvreview.html

We bought ours from raceway. I think they're a good company and would buy from them again. The above-posted article was sponsored by kidatvs.com (no "s" after "kid"). I've not bought from them but the owner has posted helpful info on this forum on occassion. I believe that it is good company too. They're a sponsor on the forums on atvrider.com like raceway is here. I would be leary of alot of the other companies. I've seen complaints about many others.

The price on the kazuma has gone up some since January. Raceway has an "alpine" 125 on their site for $46 more than the kazuma. I would call raceway and discuss the pros/cons of each. The alpine lists a 4 speed with reverse whereas the kazuma is a 3 speed with reverse. There's a bit to much lag between 2d and 3d on the kazuma - my kids almost never shift to 3d. Know this though, the reverse on the kazuma is very easy for a child to use. It's in the transmissison and is accessed by shifting one gear lower than neutral with the foot shifter - very simple. The kazuma has a heel/toe shifter. I'm not sure how the alpine reverse works or what kind of shifter it has.

Hope this helps, Rodney

Old 05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info Rodneygt its a start.Was the falcon easy to get running?If any one else got info on kazuma would like to here from you.My son keeps bugging me for his atv that I promised him.Hes the only one left i need to get 1 for well at least till my daughter wants one which more then likley be soon.Shopping around for a atv sure is a hard choice Iam sure i know where iam buying from but which bike is the question. For the price of these china brands I hope it does its job.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
If you buy it don't cry like me later. You have been warned...take time and read this forum on the Kazuma. Stay with the big 4 even if it hurts $$$. Otherwise, you get what you pay for. I'll sell you mine! SEADAWG

Old 05-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

if you look at the "big 4" fourm's you'll notice they pretty much have the same problems as the kids quads and other atvs. just different people different size quads. i owned 4 kazuma's and so far and 3 sunl's. 2 kazuma 150 dingo's, and we had 2 50cc meercats , the sunl's we have a 70cc and a 110, we had a 90cc but the frame broke at the swingarm. i feel the 150 dingos' are one of the best made, only once we had a problem and that was a electrial connector pin backing out of the connector at the cdi, i had these quads for 2 years now and use mine on a daily basis, i tow a garden trailer or wagon around most of the time with quit of bit of weight, they still run and look like new. the 2 meerkat owned almost 2 years my grandkids rode the heck out of them but outgrew them, the sunl 70cc has appox 30-40 hours on it and hasn't had any problem. the 90cc we purchased from raceway and it broke the frame in around 25 hours of usage, called raceway, and they were great, we replaced it with the mini 100 (110cc) that quad hasn't been riden yet by the grandkid, so i really don't have an opinion on it yet, what i'm getting at is that every manufacture has its defects, it how it's going to be taken care of is what you should be concerned with, kazuma a very good atv and i'd buy from raceway just in case you're in need of assitance. i would diffidently buy kazuma's again.

bill

Old 05-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

A friend of mine bought 2 Kazuma 110s for his daughters this past April. We rode for 4 days and the results were not very promising. Various parts vibrated/broke off both quads and they didn't seem to have enough power in the sand pits we were riding. They were constantly getting stuck whenever they attempted to go up any of the hills. We literally had to push them up and out of the pit (the sand pit is probably about 100 acres and the sides rise up about 15-20 feet with smaller hills (4-5 feet) in the bottom. Some of that could have been due to the tires but the engines were struggling all week long. The other issue he had was one of the girls rode fairly aggressively and the quad spilled over three times. Besides scaring her, she wasn't injured but wasn't very confidence inspiring for either of the girls. They are probably just fine for casual putting around on the lower 40 but if your son is going to ride it hard, I would seriously consider spending a little more money for some of the better quality scooter-engined quads or shop for a good used 'big four' quad. Another friend of mine purchased JetMoto and Red Cat 110s and had similar experiences. The Red Cat now has a trashed transmission after just 4 riding weekends and both of them looked like stripped down versions of when they were new because of all the parts that have vibrated/broken off. His boys are 11 and 12 so you can use that as a guide.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

i don't believe it,

Old 05-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

You know Bill, I think it's great you've had good luck with your Kazuma. There are a lot of owners who haven't. The gentleman asked for opinions and experiences. I passed on those of my friends. Whether or not you believe it doesn't change the truth.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys all of your opions matter.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

how can you give an opinion or experperice if you never owned one?
first clue in posting : my friend
second clue: broke and didn't even mention what broke
third clue: riding in sand and not enought power? give me a break, how many atv"s you know of any size that has enought power to ride in loose deep sand, let alone any 90-110?