Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

opinion on the mini 90

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion on the mini 90

speaking of resale, we had 2 kazuma 50 meerkats for 2 years, i paid $550 each for them, i purchased them when the grandkids 4 and 5, they outgrew them and i replaced them with the sunl 70 and 90. i ended up selling the meerkats for $400 each. i really don't think any other quad i would only loose $150 each after 2 years of owenership.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer

That sounds really nice, Bill, until you put a calculator to it and you find you lost nearly 30%, which probably is about right for a 2 year old quad. And don't get so happy about that, either. There are people whose LT50 survived (key word) 6 or 7 years and they turned around and sold them for as much or more than they originally paid.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have loved to get a Honda 90 or Raptor 80 for my kid, but at those prices I couldn't
see spending that much on it plus I don't think he is into shifting just yet. Yeah yeah resale....I tend to hold onto things and not part with them so I wouldn't be getting anything back from it.

So we went with the Unison Desert Cat 90. 2ManyToys has one here as well and so far so good. Nice little 2 stroker with lots of power. Costs a bit more than the Chinese quads,but it seems that this Taiwanese bike is a bit better quality. You might look into that one as well, Raceway carries them also kidatvs.com has them.

Darrin

Old 05-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

yea right i knew you would have a stupid commet, suzuki 50 was 1895, 150 dealer set up,45 doc fee , taxes 8.25% 156.75 green sticker 15, price otd was 2216.75 for a 50cc ,thats ridiculous, 30% depreciation if you're luckly 665, but not to sure about that eaither i would expect more depreciation and then times that by 2, gee thats more than i paid for the whole both atv's . and guess what the kazuma 50's are near bullet proof, the only thing i didn't like about the kazuma 50 was the transmission , they should be an automatic , since these are beginner quads and not a semi-automatic, at that age it's hard to teach the kids basics on changing gears so most of the time they ride in eaither 2 or 3 gear. one more thing i don't really think the kids in that age group really care what brand of atv they have.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by: billl2099one more thing i don't really think the kids in that age group really care what brand of atv they have.

Got that right...more concerned with the color, how cool it looks and how fast it goes. LOL!

Let Dad worry about all the other stuff.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

You know, Bill, I've tried to be civil with you but you are obviously just plain ignorant. Grab your calculator (do you know what that is, Bill? I know it doesn't look like a crescent wrench but you might have heard of them before), divide 150 by 550 and you get .27 ad infinitum. Just to help you out here, Bill, that means you lost 27.3% which is nearly 30%. See how easy that is, Bill? Now let's take the guy who bought his LT50 in the mid-90's for around $1,100. He's selling it today for nearly the same price. Pretty cool, huh? BTW, in Dec. 2003 I paid less than $1,800 out the door. I don't expect to get that back but I made up for any difference in the endless reliability I've enjoyed. No broken frames, transmissions, or any other issues since the day I bought it. Good performance once the limiters were removed and I would wager it has well in excess of 300 hours on it, on the conservative side. But I digress. My point has always been to stay away from these cheap Chinese pieces of junk. They will only give you heartache. Go with the ones that have proven themselves, such as Kasea, Dinli, DRR, and eTon. They are more than the crap you will buy at the auto parts store or our own internet dealer here but less than the 'big four.' For your information, Valder, it's Dad that will be scrambling to find parts to fix the inevitable breakdown while soothing Jr.'s tears and trying to explain to him why his ATV is always broke. Hopefully, Dad will be kicking himself in the butt instead of berating the innocent kid for being unfortunate enough to be riding the Chinese piece of junk when it broke. One last thing, Bill. You should invest in a dictionary or at least ask your grandson to proofread your posts.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Just to let everyone know our 70cc and mini 90cc's are no longer sunl units. If you take a look at our site www.racewayatv.com You can clearly see that all of the pictures have changed and the units are from a completely different manufacturer. These units have been changed for a few weeks now. We did have some problems with the sunl frames and that is why we switch manufactures right away. You can see that all of our frames are silver in color now and the sunls frames are black.

And I would also like to say that everyone that bought a 70 or 90cc from us and had a problem with the frame there units were either switched or picked up for a full refund. We stand behind any unit we sell, and if there is a problem were are #1 in the business to address it and fix it! most can back me up on this.

Kids ATV Raceway ATV

Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Raceway, Have you guys seen this problem with the heads on the mini falcon 90, you must sell a fair number of them. The valve guide working loose, (I suppose when the head is hot) and holding the valve open. This is the second time with mine. Pretty coincidental that I get a second head and have the same problem. Maybe the dealer just pushed the guide back in and peened the edge a little with a center punch or something, just speculating, as I have not had the head off yet(which I shoudn't, its under warrenty). Dealer is some distance from my house, and I believe he is taking advantage of his caller I.D. and not returning my messages. Never knew you guys existed until now while checking the internet for problems related to the mini. Sounds like you guys have a better reputation than the guy who sold me mine is building.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

some you know purchased a lt 50 in the mid 90's? and selling it for around the same price? pretty trick according to nada they didn't start making them until 2002, i say thats pretty cool.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

lalnx
Kazuma did have a few problems with the 90cc heads when they 1st came out months ago. But they quickly fixed it and to be honest the 1st 6 or 7 I sold I have to switch the heads but now they are running just fine. Sounds like to me that the dealer put on one of the bad heads again! We have been selling a lot of them and have had not had a problem with the heads since! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. If you do not get any place with this guy give me a call and I will help you out!
Kazuma ATV & Parts ! Raceway ATV

Quick Reply: opinion on the mini 90