Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

raptor 80 help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 80 help

i own a raptor 80 05 and i'm looking for a store around where i live to buy modification parts such as exhaust suspension and tires(for more ground clearance) so can someone help me out i live in diamond bar ca

Old 08-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 80 help

could be stolen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Next post is gonna be "lost keys...how to start quad?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 03:10 AM
Trailblazer
Default raptor 80 help

why would you say that squeege

Old 08-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 80 help

Sorry...I'll post back if I find out somthing ...but mostly buying my parts off the internet for a 90cc desertcat right now...why don't you try the internet?

Old 08-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default raptor 80 help

ya thanks and i'm looking for performance parts not a atv and no its not stolen but what should i do to get some acceleration for cheap?

;0

Old 08-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default raptor 80 help

i was thinking a racing carb or fmf or big gun race pipe? any other suggestons?

Old 08-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor 80 help

I think if it is a 2-stroke you will need (pipe, jetting,airfilter,clutch weights & springs) then move on to a bigger carb and bigbore and so on....but I've never modded a 2-stroke yet. just starting out myself.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default raptor 80 help

no its a 4 stroke and whats jetting?

Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default raptor 80 help

jetting is the little orifice in the carb that sprays the gas out sometimes you can go with a bigger jet to get more gas to the carb, I would start with the air cleaner a k&n bolt on then pipe then clutches and springs once you put pipe and air cleaner on you will have to rejet anyway and go to a larger one alot of these bikes lose alot of air through the air box snorkle when you remove this it can make a big diference in the way bike performs you also need to check and make sure you are getting full throtle on the bike, some times its just that.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default raptor 80 help

I don't normally do this, but I have to recommend you look through the archives to gain a lot of insight on hopping up the Raptor80. First off, the #1 person to talk to is raptor80racing.com. They have the parts, and the knowledge to really wake it up. For example, you will find out that the carb slide on a stock Raptor 80 does not open all the way, so you are only getting half of what power is available. You can also remove the plastic baffle behind the Air Cleaner that is there to slow things down. More air means more power too. Check your owners manual, you will find it right there in black and white. Go online at Yamaha and find an online parts catalog for diagrams on this, although it can be found on the page that shows the front plastic, but not the carb.
Raptor80racing also has racing parts like bigger carbs, cams etc. But experience has shown that with a pipe AND fixing the carb slide problem, you can nearly double the power on that motor. And it is almost a FREE modification. That is where I'd start. You can get wild from there as the kid is able to handle it.

Quick Reply: raptor 80 help