Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamaha Raptor 80

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Raptor 80

I bought a 2004 Raptor 80 for my 12 year old daughter today. She is use to riding my wifes 300 Prairie but I decided to get her this bike because of Chandlers law passing in diffrent states that we ride. Does anyone have any experience with this bike and can tell me if I need to do anything to it to make it better or safer for her to ride. It has not had any modifications done to it but looks almost new. I won't be giving it to her until Christmas. I have it stored at a friends shop for now. (Too good of a deal to pass up!)

Thanks for any help,
Mud

Old 09-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Range Rover
Default Yamaha Raptor 80

The best thing you could do is widen it. Even a 3 inch wide body kit makes a world of a differance. I used CRJ on my Eton. I am sure Yamaha makes there own. Since she has been on a larger heavier quad she will need to get used to a lighter smaller machine, its well worth the money. http://www.crjperformance.com/atvwhsp.html

Old 09-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Range Rover
Default Yamaha Raptor 80

madmuddin1

safer - wider tires (ITP holeshot, etc ...), spacers (raptor80racing.com, weirdharoldscoolparts.com, ebay, etc ...) to widen the machine, nerf bars (XFR, AC racing, etc ...) to protect legs and feet. since she has been riding a 300 I assume that you don't need to turn in the throttle control screw to limit the power. as far as better (performance), higher reving CDI (procom engineering, big guns, etc ...), change the carb. jetting, performance exhaust, K&N air filter, WISECO high compression piston ... just depends on how much $$$ and time you want to put into it. where do you ride in NC and SC.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Raptor 80

Thanks, I will definetly widen the bike for her that was something I had already considered. I am amazed at all the accessories this bike has available to it. If a man wanted to he could really go crazy. Not sure how much money I want to put into it just yet but I will do a few things for sure.

Atvingnc, We have started doing most of our riding in Georgia. SC does not offer much. There is a new park scheduled to open up in Fairfield SC in December. Check the web site out it looks very nice.
www.carolinaadventureworld.com. Also, I have not been there yet but I hear that KbarM atv and dirtbike park in Gaffney SC is nice. I would like to take a trip there sometime soon.
As far as NC I have ridden several times at Wayhutta. I enjoy the scenic ride it has to offer.

Mud

Old 09-25-2006, 01:53 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yamaha Raptor 80

If it has that solid front axle, seems widening the machine would only increase the bump steer affect.