Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY$$ FOR!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY$$ FOR!!

I can think of more than one.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:40 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suzuki minis, SMC/Kasea/Ram, Eton, TGB, Dinli, Xtreme, Kymco, Unison/GPX, Aeon/Alpha Sports....I can think of a few that claim Taiwanese roots.

Aeon make DRR????

Old 10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all clones! So they change the brakes or somthing....still the same basic engine block, tranny, and frame....whoopty-doo it has differant plastic....still the same

check ebay...

parts are listed like this:

Fits Kasea Skyhawk 50, DRR 50, Ram 50, Polaris Sportsman 50, Polaris Scrambler 50, Dinli, Alpha Sports 50, Sunray 50, Kymco 50, LRX 50, Blast 50, Jehm Products, Extreme Machine, Bombardier 2 Strokes, ETON Viper 50/70, Unison 50 & Arctic Cat 50.

BIG WHOP! One good quad doen't solve all the problems comming out of communist China

Old 10-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: squeege
all clones! So they change the brakes or somthing....still the same basic engine block, tranny, and frame....whoopty-doo it has differant plastic....still the same

check ebay...

parts sre lidted like this:Fits Kasea Skyhawk 50, DRR 50, Ram 50, Polaris Sportsman 50, Polaris Scrambler 50, Dinli, Alpha Sports 50, Sunray 50, Kymco 50, LRX 50, Blast 50, Jehm Products, Extreme Machine, Bombardier 2 Strokes, ETON Viper 50/70, Unison 50 & Arctic Cat 50.
How many 400's did Suzuki sell with that same idea?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

DERRRRR! That is not where I was going with my posts....I am saying they sell mostly crap and one good quad with some clones don't make it all better!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: squeege
Well, they do have various models and options. Sheesh, you have 50, 70, 90 and 100cc's engines. I wouldn't say they are all the same, just similar. But go with what works, right??? Eton, Kymco and Xtreme are also starting to produce fairly nice 4-strokes.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer

For those of you that have had a positive experience with a off brand quad, what makes it as good or better than a name brand? Price, reliablity, design, features? I am curious at what you specifically like about the other brands.

How has your experience been with the company and the dealer you purchased it from? Are parts available for them? Are the parts in stock from the dealer you purchased it from?

How many of you purchased an off brand quad, to find the dealer no longer sells them. Perhaps he picked up this line of quads for a special Christmas promotion for an example.

Also, what do you look at in a quad when you are making your purchasing decision?

Old 10-19-2006, 11:10 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: aqharoper
For those of you that have had a positive experience with a off brand quad, what makes it as good or better than a name brand? Price, reliablity, design, features? I am curious at what you specifically like about the other brands.
I'll tell you what I like and what I don't like.

Well, mine is basically a Polaris Scrambler 90 with different plastics and a headlight for a heck of lot less money. That I like. Parts are abundant and I've been able to get lots of advice from the race crowd. I still have less money in it then a used Honda would cost and it flies. Even around double it's original HP, it's still been pretty reliable too.

What I don't like....the manufacturer did skimp on a few parts. I never liked the carb, but that seems to be common on all brands that use an electronic choke. If functioned OK but starts were difficult if the machine sat up for a while or I didn't let it idle for 5 minutes or so before I killed it. That was a nusance. I've since gone to a Keihin and have no problems, pretty much fires on the 1st kick. The fuel filter and fuel lines were also of poor quality and I replaced them with auto grade (around $10 to do). And the foot boards are not exactly aesthetically pleasing.

That's it in a nutshell.