Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

jetmoto 150 vs redcat mpx 150

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jetmoto 150 vs redcat mpx 150

Has anyone compared these two bikes to one another?

The jetmoto appears to have the reverse in the rear - I don't know how useable or reliable a setup this is. The redcat doesnt appear to have that box on the rear axle (I can't be sure from the picture) - I dont know how that reverse would work.

Last years vx 150 looked more like the jetmoto than this years mpx.

Any thoughts on these to bikes (would be for 8 or 10 y.o. girl - whichever is not using the 110 baby falcon)?

Rodney

Old 11-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rodneygt,

Stay away from the quads that have the reverse gear on the rear axle. Wait a couple of more weeks, Jetmoto has a new 150 coming out and I think they took the reverse gear off of the rear axle. Another thing is the reverse gear is being installed on the counter shaft (output shaft) if the shaft is not reinforced with a counter shaft brace the counter shafts have been known to crack the CVT case. Personally after owning a quad with the reverse gear on the axle and the problems they have had with the other design I would go with not having a reverse gear at all. The new BMS does not have a reverse gear and they updated the design on the rear swing arm. Looks like a much better setup.

Problems I have had with my reverse gear are:

Leaking seals
Leaks in between Sprocket and a four tooth gear and a hub assembly:
Broken Gears

All problems have been fairly easy to repair but should not have happened to a quad that was not even a year old.

Good Luck.

SB

Old 12-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. I didn't take your advise on the reverse gear - hope I dont regret it. I ordered a jetmoto 150 from raceway. This is for my daughter - hopefully she wont break it. She did really want reverse and I wanted it to be a christmas present so couldnt wait until Jan., Feb, or March for the new jetmotos. If it does break, I can fix it but would hate the down time. Also ordered my other daughter a dingo 150.

Anyone else had any experience with a reverse like the one on the jetmoto 150?

Rodney

Old 12-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rodneygt,

Congratulations on your new quad purchase for the kids. Since you purchased them through Raceway you have nothing to worry about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I mentioned in my last post that BMS removed their reverse gear which they had. Now within the last two weeks they just released a new version with the reverse gear installed on the output shaft. It also has the shaft brace installed.

It looks like there are new upgrades on the quad. A foot break was added and it looks like they went with steel foot pegs instead of rubber.

If anyone is interested you can see what the new BMS 150 looks like in these pics: The pics are from one of ATV Connection sponsors.
150cc

I had wanted to replace my 150 with the Jetmoto 150 this year. I didn't because of the reverse gear. I'm now waiting for Jetmoto to release their new 150 sometime next year. I would like to compare the two models, and from what I have heard the new Jetmoto 150's do sound promising.

Anyways best of luck with your new quads, have fun and ride safe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SB.