Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

need 4 quads

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need 4 quads

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: hoytultratec
true! olddad if i was you i would buy 2 jetmoto 150 now to replace the redcats you didnt get, then wait for the new jetmoto's to come out and buy 2 more the new ones sound like there gonna be pretty decent.
It wont happen with his budget, but the 07 Jetmoto 150/200 and 250 are going to be Sweet!! I wish I could show you the pics Ive got of the prototype 150, but thats never going to happen. I'll ask Eugene again if i can post the 2 pics i have of the 250.
sound like his budjet will go up after the first of the year.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default need 4 quads

Olddad,

Before you buy those 150's with the reverse gear on the axle, I can post some pics of the gear that I know will give you problems, if your interested. Also you may have to pull the rear axle assembly apart to reseal all the metal to metal areas that are prone to leaking because the Chinese use cheap sealant. Also if you want I can post a pic of a seal that went bad. If you do not need to see the pics then purchase the quads from Raceway that way if you ever develop any of these problems they will take care of you.

Not only that, the quads that I found for $3297 or so are the new style quads similar to the MPX150's that you were looking at.

However, said once again, if you need to rely on dealer support, Raceway is the way to go.

Good Luck.

SB

PS. If it were me I would just wait for the new Jetmoto's to release. I know what I have said here is not good for sales but I would rather see a potential ATV customer be happy with their purchase and not have to go through the same things I have.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Range Rover
Default need 4 quads

thats not 3 for 3200.

thats the price for one. if someone were to purchase three, than it would be at or very near 3200

Old 12-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default need 4 quads

Originally posted by: smb05
Olddad,

Before you buy those 150's with the reverse gear on the axle, I can post some pics of the gear that I know will give you problems, if your interested. Also you may have to pull the rear axle assembly apart to reseal all the metal to metal areas that are prone to leaking because the Chinese use cheap sealant. Also if you want I can post a pic of a seal that went bad. If you do not need to see the pics then purchase the quads from Raceway that way if you ever develop any of these problems they will take care of you.

Not only that, the quads that I found for $3297 or so are the new style quads similar to the MPX150's that you were looking at.

However, said once again, if you need to rely on dealer support, Raceway is the way to go.

Good Luck.

SB

PS. If it were me I would just wait for the new Jetmoto's to release. I know what I have said here is not good for sales but I would rather see a potential ATV customer be happy with their purchase and not have to go through the same things I have.
smb, would it be possible to remove the gears from the box on the axle and remove the reverse, i saw a guy on ebay selling a redcat 150 that removed the whole gearbox and welded the sprocket to the axle, so what if you gutted the gearbox? you really dont need the reverse on these little quads, just a thought since i have a redcat 150 and i really am not wanting to put much money in this machine. i have no problems yet so this is for furure reference.

hoyt

Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default need 4 quads

All,
When we buy quads/toys, we start off with a budget and one...two and type. I can't help thinking this guys is doing what I do when I throw the dealer card at you...just getting our goat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Smile, if he buys 4 against the warning of sm05, he'll have a lot of cannibalizations going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default need 4 quads

What city are you in? I am in Dallas, and I have a decent guy here who sold me three 110 quads for a good price, and I picked them up in Dallas.
I can ask him if he wants to sell some adult size quads. I have had pretty good results from my ownership, no major problems as of yet...

anyway, if you are near enough to Dallas to pick some up, I will call him for you. I have no idea what he wants for them, I would have to ask.

-d3

Old 12-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default need 4 quads

[quote]
smb, would it be possible to remove the gears from the box on the axle and remove the reverse, i saw a guy on ebay selling a redcat 150 that removed the whole gearbox and welded the sprocket to the axle, so what if you gutted the gearbox? you really dont need the reverse on these little quads, just a thought since i have a redcat 150 and i really am not wanting to put much money in this machine. i have no problems yet so this is for furure reference.

hoyt
That is an interesting idea and I guess it would work.

What do you do when you need a new sprocket?

SB.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default need 4 quads

[quote]

hoyt
That is an interesting idea and I guess it would work.

What do you do when you need a new sprocket?

SB.
?? thats why i asked you, if it went bad could you gut it out? i know you had yours apart i dont know whats in there, if you gutted it could you leave the box on with no reverse,

just a idea.

hoyt

Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default need 4 quads

update, my guy local called me today and he just got a shippment in of MPX 150's. he felt bad after promising something that he thought he could not deliver so he cut me what I think is a pretty sweet deal. 3-150's for 1200 ea and a used 250 for 530 bucks. New 150's completely serviced and run-in everything gone over and he has a full service department just like a big three dealer. The used bike new plastic and new piston and rings. Will pickup three new quads tomorrow and used one friday.

Thanks everyone for your input. I thought i was in trouble this close to christmas, but he came through.

Olddad

Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default need 4 quads

Olddad,

That's great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] At least you will have some happy kids on Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

SB.

Quick Reply: need 4 quads