Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Looking for some advice...please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some advice...please!

I am going to buy my son (7) an atv for Christmas this weekend. I found a good looking little 50cc from Big Tex Motorsports that I can get for $550. I have not been able to find ANY reviews for these. Started looking around Houston and found a SunL dealer who would let me have a 110cc for the same $550. However I am seeing a lot of negative reviews on the SunL's (sunlsucks.com). The dealer has assured me that HE put them together and has fixed the battery issue with a new battery. But I just don't want to spend more time fixing the thing than my son gets to ride it. So any advice anyone could give me on these 2 atv's would be appreciated.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know what to tell you? but some guys here have had decent luck with sunl and some didnt, alot has to do with proper setup, i see you have a dealer there to set up, thats a plus can he get parts? does he carry the parts that are usually the problems, is he reputable?

and 1 last thing can you turn a wrench?thays the bigge, seems like the guys who can turn a wrench have better luck with china quads.

just my2 cents

hoyt

Old 12-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed. It seemse to be hit or miss with the SunL's. And no matter what Chinese quad you buy, you should be able to wrench on it yourself unless you have a reputable dealer near you. I personally would stick with the better reviewed quads such as JetMoto, Redcat, or Kazuma. They have proven more reliable.