Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Komoto 250cc from ANam

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Komoto 250cc from ANam

For all those inquiring about one of these chinese models, I bought the 250cc red one. I will try to neutral and give a no bull....on these things are( or at least mine is) ..... I ordered Monday and arrived via Roadway Thursday evening, however picked it up Friday so delivery was on time. It wasnt a wooden crate like I thought, it was a steel frame. Packaging scared me a little b/c there was holes in it due do forklifts trying to go under it but pallet jack for protection. Dismantling the metal frame, no biggie. took about an 30 min. You have to put wheels(f & b on), one bolt for tie rods, one bolt for front shocks, f & b guards, handlebars and really thats about it. One thing is that its not called a Komoto -- its a "Hi-Bird" but pics are like the ebay one. I filled it with gas. already had oil but i put another 1/2 quart to be safe. Battery was already charged. It took about three attempts to kick over and started. I own 34 acres and so far probably have put on about 5 hours on it. I',m 37 so I dont think i'll be doing anything to hairy but for a moderate skeptic - believe it or not im pretty pleased with it. i paid 1150.00 inc shipping so i cant really beat it. Other things in my opinion, the clutch could be 'beefier' but i may have to break it in a little. Also the starter could be stronger too. A hint when starting. Press the starter once for a split second. Press again and the engine starts fine. I think it hits the compression stroke on the first attempt. My opinion for buying one. yes go for it. In my case, I had no stripped bolts and all parts were included and so far i have had no problems. Directions are a little hard to interpret b/c the grammer is horrible. any other questions, just reply back.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:51 AM
Pro Rider

Cool! I have seen the HiBirds at my local ATV dealer but have not seen the 250. Throw some pics on here for us! How is the power and have you owned other atv's to compare with?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hi-birds are the ones Lucky & sells. They got really good deals. My buddy bought the family pack of 4 quads for under $3000 and loves all of them. No probs yet.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Power seems great. Response is good, no bogs or anything like that. i'll try and upload pics. I have owned cr's and yz's but this is my first atv so I cant really compare to a name brand. I figure if a 250 is built to similar specs of another 250 then power should be about the same.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well that's great for you. I too purchased a 250CC Komoto "Hi-Bird" from Anam and it's a total piece of junk. It doesn't run and it never has even left my driveway. I tried over and over again to get Joe to help me get it running but after numerous emails and his failure to reply I've decided to put it in my credit card company's hands. I did however purchase a 150CC automatic from him and that thing runs like a beast. It does a great job on flat surfaces and a soso job on the hilly stuff. As for going through mud, water and rocks stuff like that it's been near perfect. The only problem I've had with the 150 so far is that after a half an hour or so I have to shut it down and let it cool. I'm very disappointed with the 250 given the great performance of the 150. I too have never owned a name brand ATV, riding and beating that 150 makes me want to go get a brand name ATV that has a better backing as far as warranty and service and parts availability. There have been a couple of dealers spring up here in Indy but I haven't seen enough of them last more than a couple of weeks as to where I could rely on them for parts or service if I'm unable to do it myself. Please let me know what you think of or if you have any problems with the 250. Good luck and be safe.

Kevs

Old 01-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe I got a one off situation or just lucky. I dont know about the 150 model but for cooling the 250 has electric fan on it. Just to let you know I was prepared just in case to let my credit card company handle it as well if mine didnt turn out either. Have you talked to Lisa and have it returned and let them send you out another one?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I asked several times for help in just getting the ATV running. It arrived with so many problems I didn't know where to begin. I bought it to learn with not to breakdown and rebuild after taking it out of the crate. I communicated that a return or some sort of in state service would be acceptable but no one ever got back to me. It's too late now, my credit card company has already completed the charge back. I'm just waiting for them to pick up this hunk of junk. If they don't soon, I'll be getting rid of it myself. I bought the 150 for my wife and she loves it. Too bad it's the only one running 'cause she doesn't get to ride it too much. One thing I forgot to say was how well the ATV (150) did in the snow. It was amazing on the railroad grade just down the street from my house. Good luck with you ATV and I wish you a problem free experience with it.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I've only had it about 2 weeks so well see. Let me know how the return goes. I was also thinking of buying one for my wife. Would you recommed the 150cc auto like you got?

Old 01-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's tough to recommend it while I have experienced so many problems with the 250. However, I have to give it it's worth due. The 150 has definitely out performed my expectations for it. The auto tranny is quite smooth and extremely easy to operate. I'm not too crazy about the front wheel spacing but I suppose it's not really made for a taller/bigger guy like myself. The 150 performed quite well on the railroad grade by my house and thats mostly loose rock and mud with some pretty big pot holes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would recommend it if you can get a good price. I got a huge price break for purchasing both quads at the same time so you might want to remind them that you've already patronized them once and how about a good deal this time type thing. Good luck with it and I wish you a ton of problem free riding with your 250 and hopefully a new 150 for your wife. Good Luck!!

Old 04-17-2019, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

are those engines the ones with the cylinders pointing up?