Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2007 Eton Viper 90R stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Eton Viper 90R stalling

Thanks very much for the reply, 2manytoys. I checked the elevation at the cottage and it is 1165 ft., versus 253 ft. for Toronto. Would this 900 ft. or so difference in elevation be enough?

Also, we have been running it again at the cottage - on the trail in warmer (near freezing) weather, and it has run fine. So it seems the problem is over for now, but we will have to revisit this next Winter perhaps.

One obstacle in all this is the fact the the Viper 90R 4-stroke is a new model, and the dealer has no experience with it. Perhaps by next Winter his mechanic will be more knowledgeable.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Latest update on our 2007 Viper 90R: the winter problem is gone, but we went on a long (3-hour) trail ride, and twice it would not start again after we turned it off. It would fire but not quite start, then after a few more tries it would not fire, then after maybe 5 mins or so it would start, and the chike seemed to make no difference.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

the same thing happen to my friends son 90 we would shake it bounce it up and down and it would work again. Dealer said nothing wrong he brought it back again turns out a seal in the gas tank that should have been removed in assembeling was not removed and was clogging the gas

Old 06-04-2007, 12:57 PM

Thanks, depalma - di this happen every time, or was it only once in a while?

Also, any details on removing the seal would be greatly appreciated - is it something obvious that I could do, and do you have to take off the gas tanks?

james

Old 06-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

it seemed to happen everytime we went riding I don't remember how he fixed it but now it runs perfect I will call him and get back to ya. I have problems with my daughter 2006 viper r 4stroke it is stuck in rev. can not get it out

Old 06-04-2007, 01:34 PM

OK, thanks will look forward to it.

Our 07 (which is supposedly the same as the '06) has not had any problems with reverse, but apparently there is an advisory from Eton about this problem, so you might want to check with them.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 PM

Depalma, I juts got off the phone with the Eton distributor, and he says some of the U.S. models had a sensor switch problem, which is apparently made worse when the battery is not fully charged. What happens is not enough power gets sent to the sensors, and the bike says it is in neutral when it is really still in reverse. So, I would contact Eton America, and see if you can get new sensor switches (there are two), but in the meantime he suggests disconnecting the battery for a few seconds which will apparently reset the little computer.

Let us know how it turns out, OK?

P.S. The bike will also apparently stall out or be hard to start if the fuel level is low, since the petcock (fuel pickup) is above the bottom the the tank. So, even though it may look like you have gas when you look in the tank, it will in fact be below the level of the pickup and you will run out of gas (especially if you are on a slope). My advice (and theirs) is to keep the gas tank as full as possible to avoid this

Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

I tried resetting it by taking battery out and also pulled trans cove off to see if there was anything there but it seemded to be fine. I think it might be cdi box or shift sensor(starter) people have said they have gone bad. Do you have e-tons phone number?

Old 06-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Went on another long ride with our '07 Viper 90R 4-stroke - no problems. It looks like at least for us the earlier stalling problems were due to low fuel levels. We also went thru numerous mudholes - again no problems.

BTW the Eton Vector 250 has been performing well so far, after 4 or 5 long rides.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:13 PM

BTW, we have since learned from the distributor that the Eton 250 vectors can be hard starting and do need a warm-up. I myself have had a bit of a problem starting, but only to the extent that I have to start it a couple of times and rev it a bit by feathering the trottle for a few seconds, and then it settles down and idles at whatever revs you set the choke at.

Also, the parking brake has loosened up twice, each time easy to adjust at the back axle - perhaps the cable is just stretching a bit.

Was also told the footbrake is a bit wimpy because the air space on the hydraulic cylinder is too smale. Took some fluid out, but it did not seem to be much different - still can't lock up the (rear) tires with it. Manual says have a 1/8" air space at the top of the cylinder, but now I have about 1/2" or so anyone know anything about this?

Best,

James

Quick Reply: 2007 Eton Viper 90R stalling