Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Giovanni 50cc - Recent Reviews??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanni 50cc - Recent Reviews??

Hey all,

A friend of mine at work is dealing some of these Giovanni products and has me very interested in the 50cc quad for my 6 year old. He's getting one for his daughter and will be testing it before he will consent to order one for me, just to be sure they'll hold up.

From all I can read on here, aside from a few minor tweaks required they seem to be a very well put together unit.

Does anyone who has had one for a while now care to pip in with their experiences? From the lack of recent posts I expect they're all running good or there would be posts up the yin-yang on troubles with this and that .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

I have had a 50 for almost a year now. Only problems so far is the front bushings get loose when adults ride them and then the fron end gets sloppy. I have already tightened it up once and it needs it again. I ride motocross on a CRF450 so I can be hard on the quads. I have had 240lbs on there when bringing kids along for rides and the engine still pulled us along pretty good. We have had it in lots of different terrain, puddles, sand etc. and it just keeps going.

I did get the float valve in the carb stuck one day when I picked it up and had it vertical when loading it, but we found out the float valve needle got some debris in it and after that was cleaned no problems. I kind of expected more issues since it gets adult ridden more than it should but nothing so far.

I changed the oil right away and use Esso XD-3 0W40 synthetic in there and change it quite often. It also has a magnetic drain plug fitted for extra security. I added smaller front sprocket and an 88cc bore kit for more power and now is runs pretty fast for such a little quad.

I just ordered there 110cc for more power, better front end bushings/arms and more ground cleareance for when we take it to the rockies.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply back.. I just ordered one in Camo for my 6 year old. He's going to **** when he gets it. I just hope it runs as well as most peoples seem to. I'm hoping for it to arrive when I get home in two weeks, so I can put it together for him and see his face light up when I take him out to the shed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

How long did it take to assemble yours?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ordered two for both my sons (5, 8) for Xmas...absolutely the best value for the money
in a 50cc quad anywhere...we have a couple acres full of trails now...can't keep them off the
things...I get home form work to two kids with helmets on ready to go...

Old 04-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

I wish I had a couple of acres to make trails through .. I've got a 60 x 125 lot in the burbs .. it blows

Might have to start looking for some land to do that with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

any recommendations on where to buy these in the US?

I found this website: http://www.giovannibikes.com/index.p...review=yes#atv

but on the pics it doesn't show the dual exhausts that the 2007's are supposed to have... can anyone confirm if these are actual GIOs?

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

They don't sell to the US. The Giovanni name seems to be Canadian only.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

It's funny that All Star Salez won't sell / ship to the US, but they list all their pricing in USD ?? whatup widdat?

Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

that's what I was thinking as well..... they price is USD and won't sell to us....

Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

anyways - I'm looking for a 50/90cc ATV for my son and thought that one of these would be good.... can anyone recommend something available in the US that is of good quality and that could take a 180lb guy riding it a couple of times a week down to the neighbors houses :-) I was thinking about the Kazuma but I read the manifolds crack with any adult passengers...

Quick Reply: Giovanni 50cc - Recent Reviews??