Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

cushman truckster

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a cushman truckster 3 wheeler. it is powered by a twin cylinder opposed onan engine producing 12.9 hp at 2700 rpm. its not rolling but it is running very well. the frame is built out of 2" X 1/4" channel iron with a little pickup bed on the rear. i found it in a junk yard and it cost me a case of beer. does anyone know what i have here? is it worth fixing up? value?

texascat

Old 12-24-2000, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

One word...YUCK!!!!!! I'm sure you've got a GREAT boat anchor though!

Old 12-26-2000, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

That has to be the stupidest reply I have seen on this board. People like that should just keep their big trap shut. To say that without elaborating on why they feel that way is just someone who likes to waste space.

The value is whatever someone is willing to pay for something usefull. It is not some rare, desireable object, but certainly with a bed it could be usefull around a farm or property. And anything with a running motor (onan motors are well respected) is worth a case of beer. Sounds like a neat find to me.

Old 12-30-2000, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

I use to use 2 of these at a country club I use to work for the 1 was liquid cooled and smoked do to bad rings cause they overheated it too many times the other was a air cooled sounded like a harley and both had 3 speeds and reverse i use to peel out on every corner and straight I could get to peel out on,it would haul *** w a full bed load too top speed was about 25-30mph,oh well whoever said ya cant have fun at work is dead wrong

Old 12-31-2000, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

SCOTTD,
ITS AMERICA, WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OWN OPINIONS. IF I WOULD HAVE PAID $$$$$$ FOR THE CUSHMAN, YOUR OPINION WOULD HAVE OFFENDED ME; HOWEVER, I PAID THE PRICE OF A CASE OF BEER ($8.00) THEREFORE YOUR INSULT FELL FLAT. NICE TRY.

Old 01-10-2001, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Up here in Ohio they have very good resale value, anywhere from $1500 to $3500. My dad bought one last summer for 750 at an auction, and he has already had offers to double his money. Mind you, his is not in very good shape, bed has holes rusted through it, and people still offer him 15 1600 for it.
They are very popular with Police Departmants, and security companies that patrol large parking lots. I used to work construction and we would hire Youngstown Police to flag traffic for us, and the one officer I talked to said he had his over 60mph! My dad won't sell his, he says it is to handy.
If you want, email me a pic of it and I will get it in the local paper here. Don't listen to the idiot that said you have a boat anchor, for just a case of beer invested, you stand to buy a truck load of beer with your profits if you take it to the right area to sell!

Old 01-10-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

racer18j,

i think i am going to keep it and fix it up--not necessarily stock though. thanks for the input.

texascat.