Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

any info on these kids quads!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any info on these kids quads!!!!!!!

Do you readers have any info on this 2007 Alcander 70cc kids quad with front rack.........Who makes them............and are they just another new name on a older imported quad.
......It is the first one when you scroll down..........I think I can get it for $1100.00 Canadian All tax in.......I need to see it first............The tires look good......But that might be it...LOL...LOL....
.I can not find any spec list on them......Does anyboby have a link for more info on these????..Thanks......Caper........Here is the link.............................Alcander 70 cc

Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like a Redcat with a front rack. See the following link:

http://www.redcatmotors.com/products...SGT&maincatid=

Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 PM

Yes they do....Very much so!!!!!..Thanks........Now the question......How are the rescat's???...LOL..lOL.................Caper...... ....

Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 PM

I don't see the 70cc on that web-site though!!!!.......Do they sell a 70cc Redcat????...Caper....

Old 04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

It looks ok...about th same as all the the clones.

If I were to buy another no-name (we kept our little 70cc Roketa for my daughter) I would ONLY buy one that has both front and rear brakes. An ATV with rear only is an accident waiting to happen and they are unsafe for anything but backyard duty.

It sort of looks like this Alcander has brakes front/rear, but I cant quite see. Do you have a specs sheet?

Old 04-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
I don't see the 70cc on that web-site though!!!!.......Do they sell a 70cc Redcat????...Caper....
Check this link for the 70cc:

http://www.redcatmotors.com/products...emId=MPX-70SGT

Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 PM

What I ment to say is I don't see the 70cc with the rack.........The headlights even look the same...................I might send them an e-mail to get the specs.....None listed on that site............................Not the redcat site but the Canadian site........Thanks......Caper......

I don't want to spend to much until my daughter finds out if she will use it!!!!!......I don't want to but a 2000-3000 dollar quad and just sit there...........

Old 04-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

It's probably pretty safe to say that it is the same as the 70cc Redcat with a rack. I've been looking at all of these little Chinese quads on the net so much that my brain is smoking from trying to keep them categorized by brand. What I have found, is that there will be a multitude of brand names for the same ATV. It appears that the quads are stamped out generically and then the end distributors stick their own name brand label on it to sell.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

OK my 2cents I have had a redcat for a bit now, their are a few probs you must deal with. ALOT depends on what you want from everything I have seen If I buy a china atv again it would be the jetmoto yes they cost 3 to 4 hundred more but the dealivery and the care mean alot as does the jetmoto standing behind their atv.

one the 70 doesnt look like any redcat I have seen, Their are a few things that are diff. that leads me to think this. From what I have seen and heard is redcat and jetmoto make their own atv's and redcat has sold out so alot of changes are coming (not sure if they will be better) If you do get a redcat or another china atv a few things plan on fixing are...

the sproket is offset so the chain doesnt track right.. FIX I got a few 1/2" spacer and new bolts and washers at the hardware easy fix
The chain skips most of these atv will give alot of chain slop when flexing this will make the chain skip, they do sell chain tensiners for these they look just like a 10 speed bike chain tens. I dont trust them.. FIX I ordered a honda/yamaha tensiner/roller from ebay 50 dollers and the chain never skips now.
I lose bolts every ride... FIX I'm too lazy to take it all apart and threadlock the bolts I replace them when I get back home
The air intake is WAY to low everytime you hit a few inches of water the atv will sputer FIX.. making a small snorkal from cooling hose this week.
also all my boot seem to be dry rotting like a year too soon lol oh well I just spray all the joints after cleaning
Anyway mine redcat starts up in 1/2 the time as my 2 new polaris hawkeyes but for the cost and a bit of time its a great extra atv for taking a friend wheeling who doesnt have one, or for the kids
I have beet the crap out of mine so I cant complain alot it has seen 4 foot of air jumping it. I figure its like the old rusted out 4x4 you buy to beatup then dump for a few bucks

Old 05-26-2007, 11:05 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: illin

It looks ok...about th same as all the the clones.

If I were to buy another no-name (we kept our little 70cc Roketa for my daughter) I would ONLY buy one that has both front and rear brakes. An ATV with rear only is an accident waiting to happen and they are unsafe for anything but backyard duty.

It sort of looks like this Alcander has brakes front/rear, but I cant quite see. Do you have a specs sheet?</end quote></div>

Yes the 2007 Alcander 150cc Auto/rev. I seen today has two drum brakes at both front wheels and one rear disc .......Caper........

Quick Reply: any info on these kids quads!!!!!!!