Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kymco headlight on an AC DVX50

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kymco headlight on an AC DVX50

I just bought a headlight from Kymco which is made for their Mongoose 50, but which will physically fit on our 2006 AC DVX50 (also made by Kymco). I just have to unscrew a plastic insert that is the shape of the headlight, take the insert off, and then the Kymco light fits exactly in the hole where the plastic insert was.

I also bought the switch housing for the left handlesbar, which comes as one unit housing the new 3-position light switch, the emergency shutoff, and the starter button. The problem is, the old Arctic Cat switch housing which I have to replace only has 3 wires and fits into a 3-wire harness underneath the front cowling. (3 wires because it only houses the emergency shutoff and starter button.)

However, the new Kymco switch has 7 (!) wires, and of course fits into a 7-wire harness plug, which I don't have. So, I have 4 more wires to hook up, presumably because the new light switch has 3 positions, namely off, low beam and high beam.

The question is, which wires go where? Has anyone else ever tried this, or does anyone have any ideas here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kymco headlight on an AC DVX50

Spoke to the dealer, whose techie had a look, and he said it would be a big deal to figure it out. Can't see why - it is only 4 wires, and they do go somewhere on the Kymko Mongoose 50.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

J.