Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hi bird

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi bird

I have a 200cc hi bird does any 1 know a website that i can buy part or aftermarket parts for my atv

Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hi bird

Hi,
You might try Tim at vbike.us.
http://www.vbike.us/

Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi bird

Hello all, I'm new to this club and I joined to get some help with my brand new Hi-Bird 250 Trail Hammer. I bought it online at Ebay and was very happy with the price, however , I received it on July 26 and haven't been able to run a full tank of gas through it yet! It ran great for 2 short trips to my food plots and on the 3rd trip out, it left me stranded in the woods 3 miles deep and would not start. It would turn over but no spark. After about 20 minutes, it started and would run about 5 minutes and cut off again. I contacted MotorXtremes and they were quick to tell me it was the coil or CDI. I have been waiting since the beginning of August for my parts and have not received them yet. 2 questions..... first, does this sound like a coil or CDI? 2nd , where can I order parts other than MotorXtremes? I have been reading your post and you seem to be happy with your Hi-Bird. I am new to ATV's, I'm 45 and I hunt a lot and just don't feel like walking so much anymore. we have almost 5,000 acres of river bottom land, great hunting and I'm finding out, Great riding too! I hope to get some good use from this ATV. It came with a winch also, so I'm not afraid of any area on our property. I'm about to have a fit to ride this thing but not happy with the customer responce. Any help you can offer, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Hi bird

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Seems kinda weird that the engine stalls at the 5 minute interval. Is the engine still stalling after 5 minutes of running? If so, the next time you run the engine and it stalls, open the fuel tank cap and see if there is a vacuum in the fuel tank. If there is, then the vent valve in the cap could be causing the problem. If it is the vent valve, then opening the cap should let the engine restart.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hi bird

I agree with silveradoss,I and several others have had the same problem I drilled a little larger hole in the vent at the top of the gas cap and never had another problem.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi bird

my 200 did that a coupe of time but my float got stuck the second day i got it does it leak gas?