Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SOMEONE PLS HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOMEONE PLS HELP!!!!

Well first off this place has really givin me hope! I recently got a 4whela for FREE! hey isn't that just swell! But the darn thing is pretty bad. the harness is all cut up and my biggest problem is there is no spark after hooking up some wires. So I've gone through so many sites on how to test the electrical parts on the atv like the CDI, coil,stator...etc.. Please correct me if I'm wrong about testing them in ohm's and if there is a good resistance then the part is good right? well I've tested all three and it seems that all have resistance, but still no spark. But one issue is that the regulator is not hooked up...could this be a problem. Maybe I tested them wrong huh?!! and they're actually bad...so after jump starting the engine while holding that spark plug..I can't feel a thing!!! I have actually taken of a good working coil out of a running atv and still no spark. So how can I really test if the STATOR or the CDI is working good? And should that regulator be hooked up just to see if theres a spark or to keep the engine running?ill probably get a picture up of what im looking at so that you have a better picture of what ima lookin at. any info much appreciated!!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

heres some of those pics...
what are the wires that come out just above the drive shaft housing?

wires have been cut for some reason!

regulator not hooked...

can someone please tell me whats what?!!! cant tell been faded out some

Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

You've taken on a pretty good project, good luck with it. Let me know what brand and size it is, maybe I can help. I have several manuals for 50,70,90,110cc chinese brand units. They are sketchy at best but I have been able to get some info from them from time to time. I do believe the regulator needs to be hooked up in order to generate and hold spark.
Good luck.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

check my photo album I made a wiring diagram for my 110cc mini with auto, it may or may not work on yours but it could help in telling you what the regulator talks to and any other problem wires

Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

When I got the atv the plastics said "STAR", looked it up and of course its one made in china and its a 110cc. I downloaded your picture prior to this postage there oneOone. but some of my wires are different colors like the ones from my stator. but it did provide a lot of help in showing where things go..thanks!..so if ya'll have any other info please..let me know

Old 09-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

on the faded button pics the button above the starter is the kill switch. push in to reset (should click, kind of) and push side ways to trip (kill bike) the top buttons are lightthe virtical slider is off, running lights, and head lights. the orange button is high and low beams for headlights. (couldn't see pics at work.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks one...for the kill switch...it clicks side to side three times. so what would be the position of the switch to try and start the engine..all the way to the right, all the way to the left. Or should it be right in the middle??

Old 09-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

on mine it's in the center, push it in like a button and it clicks this allows the bike to be started via starter switch. if it's bumped from either side it kills the bike. it always defaults back to center and you have to push it in to reset the kill switch.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is a very good day because there is very good news...it started today, a successful run....but it doesn't stay on. Im thinking its the carb, not letting fuel in...maybe clogged right? all that matters........IT STARTED!!!!I first tried some starting fluid and thats how I knew it works...fuel is going thru lines but carb aint takin it.any suggestions...

Old 09-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

hey thats great new s congrsats.
have you played with the idle adjustment screw? or checked the float needle? are you getting fuel through the filter?