Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Why Chinese??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Why Chinese??????

Weren't the ones made in Taiwan in question about comparison to the Japanese models at one time?

Kymco is even opening a production plant in Japan. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It will be for scooters though. For now.

I do see the Chinese quads improving in quality. Not sure of the timetable. But I also see them figuring out the same thing the Taiwan models figured out. With better quality, you can charge a higher price.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Kymco is even opening a production plant in Japan. </end quote></div>

The Her Chee is Taiwanese, and not "Chinese" in the context of discussion about quality of "Chinese" quads.

The stuff from Taiwan is clearly in a different league and many OEM for name brands. The Taiwanese are also getting a lot of pressure from mainland China and they have cut into their lower sized quad market and have moved into the larger displacement market. It's going to be interesting to see how long before they are successful in selling their under their own brands rather than OEM.

competition

article

article2

Old 10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

There is a Yamaha dealer not too far from here that carries the Kymco line. Talked to one of the salesman, and even he was surprised at how well they were selling. They're not taking away sales from the Rappy or the 450, but they sure are selling well to the people who are new to the sport.

Back on topic.

Yeah the Chinese quads are a majority of POS, but not all.

Anyone remember the quality of Polaris in the early 90's?

And where do they rank in sales today?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Only time will tell!!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

what i can't understand if any other comsumer product was made with this poor quality nobody would accept it, but some how these chinese atv's are. i don't care what price i pay for an item i expect it to perform for a reasonable amount of time.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: billl2099

what i can't understand if any other comsumer product was made with this poor quality nobody would accept it, but some how these chinese atv's are. i don't care what price i pay for an item i expect it to perform for a reasonable amount of time.</end quote></div>

Just like televisions,washing machines,dryers and many other products.they are now desposable.You use them till they break then buy another.Who's generation caused that? Not the average aged person of the consumers today.........

Old 10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kczukiman

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: billl2099

what i can't understand if any other comsumer product was made with this poor quality nobody would accept it, but some how these chinese atv's are. i don't care what price i pay for an item i expect it to perform for a reasonable amount of time.</end quote></div>

Just like televisions,washing machines,dryers and many other products.they are now desposable.You use them till they break then buy another.Who's generation caused that? Not the average are of the consumers today.........</end quote></div>

i have no problems wth these being a desposable item, the problem i have is that they should work and last a reasonable amount of time, even the cheapest of all cheapest washing machines will last for years, not hours.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

When it comes to chinese quads, some are better than others obviously. It looks like the Jetmotos aren't really that high quality, even though many thought they were. They seem to have many more problems than I've ever had with my 150 gy6 chinese quad (called Easy Vehicle company. lol - how chinese can you get?). Mine is a year and a half old now and has treated me very well. I've only had one problem with it so far, so either I'm lucky or these quads are of better quality than most chinese quads. What happened with mine is that the bolt holding the muffler jiggled loose and fell down on the frame, causing a crack in the exhaust pipe. I repaired the exhaust and put locktite on all the bolts and haven't had a problem since. I've really put the thing through some pretty heavy abuse (jumps, sloppy mud, sandy hills, beach riding and high speeds on rough terrain). I've had the whole thing caked in mud several times now.

For me, it was a good start to get into the sport. I never rode and ATV in my life until I got that quad and now I love riding. I simply didn't have the money to buy a "real" quad. In Canada, quads are just so expensive, even the old ones. So, I managed to get me a cheap 150cc quad and my daughter a 70cc one. Of course, now I'm looking at getting a larger and more reliable quad. Scootergptx, what happened to the quality of Polaris quads in the early 90s? I was looking at a 93 Polaris trail boss with 4x4 for $1900, which was quite a nice price up here. Is it a POS? Maybe I should go with a cheaper old Yamaha or Honda instead? Eventually, I'm going to get a brand new full-sized Japanese quad, but I'm still in University and won't be able to get one of those for a few years.

OffRoadNoob

Old 10-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

*** Post Edited by Moderator. Troll for a dealership. Content removed ***

Old 10-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: QuadRider101

These guys said it I'm concerned that Honda has a better warrante, they'll sell me 2 JetMoto 200cc for less that the TRX and I can canibalize the second bike. They said i'd probably not have to do that untill 2010. So enjoy both Bikes. I can't afford a Honda, went and looked at the Raptor 250, not for $4000, Going with American Outlaw Motorsports and buy a 200 JetMoto.</end quote></div>

if you really decided on a chinese atv, myself would not waste extra money on the jetmoto, you owe it to yourself to look on e-bay for the 200 hi bird, price is 800 with a single swing arm or 900 with a double swing arm, less $50 if you call in to order, price includes shipping, i've read nothing but good reviews on the hi birds and haven't read anything negitive on them, thats more than i can say on the jetmoto, besides both atv's use the same engine and other componits, i myself
after owning 8 chinese POS would not buy eaither one, i'd look at close out deals on a polaris, cam an or artic cat's , i've already seem an ad for a close out cam an ds 250 for 2795 so i know theirs deals out there.

Quick Reply: Why Chinese??????