Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SUpermach 110 loncin engine ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUpermach 110 loncin engine ???'s

Hey, I have a Supermach 110 (ATV-P21)...the one pictured HERE

I was riding it last night to adjust the speed limiter for my oldest kid, and I wanted to have a little fun,myself....so I took the limiter screw out. I tried to go fast and it just topped out....felt like it was missing a gear. Seemed odd to me because it is not nearly as fast as the supermach 110 mini(atv-p15) that my son rides.
Is there transmission fluid that needs changed in these things? Or,.....I'm just at a loss for words. It just doesn't seem right.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

Looks to me like it has the single speed tranny from the smaller kids quads. The clutch in these are the centrifugal type. The smaller kids size have problems taking off from a dead stop if there are obstacles in the way or if the ground is loose like sand for example. Once they get moving though, they usually run way faster than any kid of that age group should be allowed to operate. Heck, even with me on my sons little 110cc uncorked, that thing rips upwards of 30-35mph. Scares the bejesus out of me.

What do you estimate the top speed to be with the limiter removed?

Some of these have a clutch adjustment screw. From the photos, it looks like yours has the bolt coming out of the engine cover. I don't know if yours is an actual adjustment or if yours is like mine and doesn't attach to anything.

My sons has the slotted adjustment screw coming out of the right engine case cover. But it does not adjust anything. They put the bolt there on my engine to keep oil from coming out of the engine case. I tried early on to adjust the clutch for better take-off power, only to find out after taking off the side case that the bolt doesn't even attach to the clutch pack.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilveradoSS

Looks to me like it has the single speed tranny from the smaller kids quads. The clutch in these are the centrifugal type. The smaller kids size have problems taking off from a dead stop if there are obstacles in the way or if the ground is loose like sand for example. Once they get moving though, they usually run way faster than any kid of that age group should be allowed to operate. Heck, even with me on my sons little 110cc uncorked, that thing rips upwards of 30-35mph. Scares the bejesus out of me.</end quote></div>
our don't seem to have a problem taking off, in fact our mini PICTURED HERE is way faster.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilveradoSSWhat do you estimate the top speed to be with the limiter removed?</end quote></div>

I would guess that the top speed would be around MAYBE 20mph.
my sons min 110 has me doing nere 40mph.
maybe I'll find a way to post video later today, comparing the 2.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilveradoSSSome of these have a clutch adjustment screw. From the photos, it looks like yours has the bolt coming out of the engine cover. I don't know if yours is an actual adjustment or if yours is like mine and doesn't attach to anything.</end quote></div>

which side of the motor would that be? The side that the chain is connected to(that says loncin) or the other side?

My sons has the slotted adjustment screw coming out of the right engine case cover. But it does not adjust anything. They put the bolt there on my engine to keep oil from coming out of the engine case. I tried early on to adjust the clutch for better take-off power, only to find out after taking off the side case that the bolt doesn't even attach to the clutch pack.</end quote></div>

That gives me some ideas, but even with a centrifugal clutch I can feel when the clutch changes to the second speed on the little one....but the bigger one feels like riding a direct drive lawnmower engine, and tops out right away, and at a slow speed. There is plenty of throttle left, but it just wont rev any higher. ( I wonder if it just has a crappy CDI that causes this. Maybe I'll swap cdi's with the mini and see if it makes a difference.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

When you say it won't rev any higher do you mean it acts like it has a rev limiter?? My baja 90 has a rev. limiter that can be adjusted somewhat. They put it on so little kids(unexperienced) don't drive it with the thottle pinned wide open and cook the engine.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer

thats kinda what it feels like. There is still plenty of throttle left, but no matter how much more I push in on the throttle, it just wont rev any higher, or go any faster.
This is with the throttle limiter screw removed from the thumb throttle.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: dUrTwErX dEsIgNs BMX

thats kinda what it feels like. There is still plenty of throttle left, but no matter how much more I push in on the throttle, it just wont rev any higher, or go any faster.

This is with the throttle limiter screw removed from the thumb throttle.</end quote></div>

It does sound like there is some sort of rev limiter.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Range Rover

The clutch adjuster would be slotted screw in this pic:

http://www.powersportsmax.com/...s/ATVs/ATV-P21/4-l.jpg

Old 01-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, SilveradoSS.
Thats what I thought, but I wanted to be sure before adjusting anything. I might give that a try today. Should it be adjusted while the bike is running or or off?

Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Trailblazer

Let me allow to put some statements on this clutch matter, please.
1. Loosen the lock-nut with 13# spanner
2. Turn the slotted bolt in CW with minus screw driver till you feel stop.
3. Then turn to the opposite direction, it means in CCW, to the point you feel heavy torque.
4. Again turn in CW for 1/8 to 1/4 rotation so as to make "Free play" of the shift pedal on purpose.
5. Lock the nut up firmly with 13# spanner.
That's is the procedure for the adjustment as far as I know.
You would have only "Smooth Shift Operations" after adjustment . I am afraid you cannot fix slippery clutch with the above adjustment. Exchanging the clutch friction plates is the only way to fix such slippery clutches.

http://motor.geocities.jp/atv_tk/atvQA/Jessie31.html

Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

there is no shift pedal. It is a fully automatic atv. I probably should have mentioned that earlier.

Quick Reply: SUpermach 110 loncin engine ???'s