Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Cold start issues even w manual choke. Kazuma 110.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cold start issues even w manual choke. Kazuma 110.

Ive got a Kazuma 150 Falcon w automatic choke, and a Kazuma 110 Falcon w manual choke. Ive read the threads on the automatic choke issues, and will try the mods. Typically w the 150/auto choke, I can make due by squeezing the air inlet hose until it starts. but on the 110/manual choke I am ALSO having issues. Even w a new NGK plug, it litterally takes me about 15 mins to finally get it started. This involves a battery charger hooked up, a LOT of cranking (worried about burning up the starter), a LOT of patience, having the choke set JUST right (open to just past the fully closed position) and throttle just BARELY open. Once it FINALLY gets started, and is all warmed up, it runs great. But even if it sits for ony an hour or so, I have to go through the same deal. Even today with it being about 60 degrees, I still had the issues. Havent tried ether yet to see if its definately a fuel issue, but what else could it be?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some simple things also is check your air filters and the air filter housing.
Mine came loose and it didn't start till I shut it back.....
Also does it idol good after it is warmed up? Does it seem fast or slow?
Or is it running fine after it starts? Is it starving for gas. When you get up too it. give it some gas for a few seconds, then aply your choke and try to start it, without giving it gas till it turns over.
Could your carberator be all gummed up?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TXATV

Some simple things also is check your air filters and the air filter housing.

Mine came loose and it didn't start till I shut it back.....

Also does it idol good after it is warmed up? Does it seem fast or slow?

Or is it running fine after it starts? Is it starving for gas. When you get up too it. give it some gas for a few seconds, then aply your choke and try to start it, without giving it gas till it turns over.

Could your carberator be all gummed up?</end quote></div>

right now, the air filter is not even on, so I can more closely watch the choke and amount of fuel.

Once warm, it idles and runs fine w normal power. It will also restart "relatively" easy if its soon. But once it sits for a while (even short while) it wont start w/o all the above mentioned issues.

Ill try your no gas while cranking method again, though I think Ive tried just about every way possible.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like a carborater problem that I cant talk someone threw.
Put up a plug stating the problem and that you need help with adjusting your carb.
It's not something big though. I would remove and take apart the carb., and let it soak over night in carb. cleaner. If you dont know that much about it just right down a sketch and make a note of adjustment screw you remove, and write down how many turns it took you to screw them all the way in .Where at the least you can put it back like it was but you know there is not any condisation build up in your carb. sticking floats etc. and you can go from there.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

Check the air fuel screw, start at 1 turn out. If you are still having problems, I would check your valve clearance, usually if a motor starts hard when cold & runs fine when warm but starts hard again after the engine cools down, it can be the valves being out of whack. .004 on both intake & exhaust.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: spliffy

Check the air fuel screw, start at 1 turn out. If you are still having problems, I would check your valve clearance, usually if a motor starts hard when cold & runs fine when warm but starts hard again after the engine cools down, it can be the valves being out of whack. .004 on both intake & exhaust.</end quote></div>

I didnt think about valve clearance. Thanks