Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

70cc Chinese Quad Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 70cc Chinese Quad Problems

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Sounds like the carb is Flooding over!!!!!!!!!!if the plug is black that = to much gas,you sure you dont have the choke on????, I had one and the idle jet worked loose!!!! that flooded it real fast,or maybe the float is bad,some of them are plastic,they can get a hole in them,if so,they will not shut the fuel off.the valves can be to tite and it will-not affect the fuel problem!!!!,I just loosen them till I can feel it wiggle a-little bit,maybe 2TH's and it should run OK.6TH's is way to much.Also the ones I have delt with will not start if you have the thottle open!!!!!!!!!!! Why??? I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!.My grandson has a 125cc motor>Lifan,and it has to be started at a idle,with the Electric starter.I have a couple 140cc Lifan's on a couple old Honda CT90's and they are hard to Kick over,lot's of compression+they wont start with the thottle opened either.Another thing to check is the needle valve that let's the gas into the Carby,if there's trash in it!!! That will cause it to flood.Hope this help's,Latter.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]I didn't see the part about no Spark!!!!!!!! I have had the CDI boxe's go bad,just that fast!!!! Good Luck.Latter.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there anyway to test a CDI?

Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well update time. Checked out a few things and it turned out to be a wire in the kill switch. Problem fixed and quad is running great again. Thanks to all in helping out.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Glad to hear you got it go-n!!!.I have noticed the wiring on the china bikes is not real good!!!!!!!!!! The pigtail conectors are really CHEAP!!!! I have just done away with a-few of them,and wired them direct.The little motor's are pretty darn GOOD!!!!!!!!!!.The one my Grandson started with was a 70cc full-auto,he rode it in the ground!!!!!!!!!!!.I put a 125cc Lifan on it with a elect start,and also it has a clutch and is a 4 speed!!! Sooo he has mastered that part now!!!!!!!!!!. I just picked up a-little Blaster for him to ride,he's really excited about it!!! He call's it a Baby-Banshee!!!!!!!!Latter>>Ride safe have FUN!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks eddieo51, yeah some of the wiring makes you think how the quads even runs. The quad starts good and runs not to bad but i still have to get the carb set just right. When you tramp on the throtle it bogs down but if you ease into it it perfect. I am having a haed time finding the sweet spot but the kids are happy they can ride again. Yeah my 8 year old has probably out grown this quad but it is great for the 5 year old. Will be looking for an upgrade for the 8 year old but just don't know exactly what to get. As he is a really tall kid and he just doesn't look right on the mini quads. Oh well, we will just have to keep looking for something for him but now he can ride the 70cc.