Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

How do you tighten chain

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you tighten chain

New to ATVs. Just got new SUNL 90cc- I know many people don't like but please don't bash me for buying. Already done and so far its been good.

Need to know how to tighten the chain. Manual says to "loosen the lock nuts and moving the chain tensioner plate. Not really sure where those parts are.
Thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you tighten chain

I'm not positive about the 90, but on the 110 typhoon...look at the rear of the ATV by the rear axle. are there 2 adjustment bolts? they are usually about 5 to 6 inches apart and actually move the rear axle forward or backward, thus tightening or loosening the chain. I tried to find a picture, no luck. you have to loosen the nuts that hold it in place and readjust them to where you need them. when you see them you will know what I mean. and because there are 2, you need to make sure the axle is straight...basically adjust them both equally...look straight down the rear sprocket and make sure it lines up with the front sprocket. If the sprockets are not inline the chain will keep coming off. when you are done, either put an extra nut on both of those adjustment bolts, or use lock-tite. those things like to come loose.
I hope I explained that well enough. It's very easy if you know what you're looking for. Its just kind of hard to explain. maybe someone else can be more helpful.