Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Just because it says yamaha is it built in japan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just because it says yamaha is it built in japan?

When it comes to kids quads alot of people think because it has a big name on it its the same quality as adult machines dont be fooled do your research they all have factorys in china and the fact is if you dont have mechanical ability you should not buy a quad of the internet wether it says honda or sunl because you need the dealer support . Now if your good with a wrench thats different story you can save alot of money and the major names do usually have better tires and uv protection than the chinese brands but lets take the raptor 90 big name but cheap build it is nothing at all like its big brother other than name and looks and price not in quality so when it comes to kids quads price doesnt meen its better especially if its built in the same factorys so really research the product no matter what the name. Bashing it because its from china could bite you when you spend twice as much and find out it was built there anyways.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I can see this is probably going to wind up in the can soon.

Try to keep the flame wars and personal attacks down in this one.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vbikemaster,

I own a 2005 ETON 2 stroke and a 1984 Honda 200s 3 wheeler.

I have read more posts on kids quads and the debate between the "major and chinese brands." The person basically agreed whith your statement about the manufacturing plants however, the quality in the parts selection is what sets the brands apart. I was looking at purchasing a 250 Vbike, but could never come up with the money. I looked and found a 3 wheeler which was not what I wanted, but I decided to get it since I could afford it and I needed something that I could go trail ridding with my son. The atv sat outside under a shed that only had a tin roof. The last time the atv ran was 11 years ago. I took it home and placed gas in the tank, pulled on the starter cord (just like you would a lawn mower) and the egine came to life. I drove it that night! Hondas were known for the quality in the parts and design and is one of the reason that they are still around today after 20 plus years.

The same was basically said about the major brands...it is in the part selection, design, and construction (welds) that will set them apart. Even with my ETON I went and checked to ensure that all of the nuts and bolts had loctite and were tight.

I understand that Vbike, ETON and others are not considered by most in the same category as the Sunl when it comes to quality. Please understand that this is my condensed interpertation.

Service after the sale and parts availibility is what I hear is one of the major problems. Oh yes as well as electricial components.

For what it's worth I am very pleased with both of my toys!