Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Coil going bad on Raptor 80

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil going bad on Raptor 80

I have an 03 raptor 80 that is getting no spark. I have replaced the coil twice. 1st time bought a new one put it on and no spark. Took coil back to shop and bench test showed it was bad. Shop was able to return coil to yamaha and provided me with a new one. I'm pretty sure I had shop bench test before leaving. Put it on and no spark. I did bench test at home and primary coil showed vitually no resistance. Is there anything can be causing a good coil to go bad somewhere in the system i ned to check. Problem may have started when i had a bad battery and was jumping the battery with a charger to start the bike. Wondering if I fried a component in ignition system that is now causing effecting coil. Ive replaced, starter, CDI box, and tested starter and kill switch (both good continuity) thinking the new coil I put on was good.

Am I just having bad luck getting a good coil or do I have a ghost in the machine causing the problem.

Any info would help.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you try your staiter have you been driving in a lot of mud or water causing it to rust up maybe just pop off cover give a qiuck cleaning checkin to see if nothings wedged up inside and try agian good luck