Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

put an 84 or 86 yamaha 225 grab bar on the LT80 and polished pull start

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put an 84 or 86 yamaha 225 grab bar on the LT80 and polished pull start

so my grab bar was busted off when I got it. and I decided to blindly buy a grab bar off ebay that was cheap and see if I could make it work. well, it came in yesterday so I put er on one set of bolts lined up with the seat bracket rear bolts but I had to customize/retro everything from there lol. I heated the frame with a torch where the triangle looking brace comes to the upper frame and everything back of that, then hammered both sides in like 1/4". Next, I trimmed the grab bar front mount tip a hair at an angle so it would tuck just under the seat bracket. I cut the old rusted knubs off where the stock grab bar used to be and had my buddy weld in coupling nuts and I held them in location with bolts attached to the grab bars rear mounting bracket and wham, instant chrome large bike grab bar paid $0.99 for it on ebay, and $14.70 shipping LOL priority mail tho so it got here quick and is on the bike. also gave my buddy $20 for argon now he owe's me some welding now when I lay it too far back doing wheelie's the plastic will still be there untouched LOL

DSC04594.jpg?t=1269643763

it's actually my sons bike but since I ride it too, I like to add things to it to make it more practical. it's ALOT easier to move thru tight spaces where I need to lift the back lol. and even just pushing it from behind, I don't have to push on the plastics anymore and can lean on the grab bar...

gonna do a bumper next. possibly an LTR450 as they look skinney and they're plentiful on ebay

also got a used pull start off a 3rd LT80 I picked up last weekend since it was all rusted up and ugly I decided to sand it down and polish it. I didn't do the best polish job but worked on it for what felt like a few hours and called it good... whoever worked on the bike actually had once polished the entire clutch cover so I cleaned it off a little and will re-polish it when I remove it to play with the clutch stuff eventually... I have another clutch I want to drop the shoes to 180grams each on then I'll open the sucker to put it in and test it out. also may mil the extra head I have and put it on and see what happens

DSC04595.jpg?t=1269643978