ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kids Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/)
-   -   China 110cc improving ride? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/364744-china-110cc-improving-ride.html)

LT80 07-25-2015 03:24 PM

I've heard that Polaris minishocks are better.
Maybe you pick them up cheap enough.
You better measure to make sure the length is right first.

Bratman2 07-25-2015 04:16 PM

I already have the two Kymco front shocks here now. My partner in crime that can weld is going to fab two drop down brackets for the front. By the way LT80, the rear shock, I was confused thinking it was a Kymco, it is a Kawasaki KFX90 rear shock. Does have a Kymco part number with Kymco stamped in small letters at the bottom, lol!

Bratman2 07-25-2015 04:31 PM

Scooter, I added washers to widen the rear near 5/8". Had a brilliant Idea!!!! May look for some aluminum circles on the great bay. Find some the size I need in half inch. Drill and add longer wheel studs. That will be #2 after the new front shocks are installed. See what the shocks do first!

Stock I calculated a pretty high 2.43 to 1 ratio with the 16" tires. With a 12 tooth front I think came up with 2.47 to 1 with 18" tires. If I go that route I will probably add a larger rear sprocket to gain more low end ratio.

Plan on going one step at a time. My ultimate goal is more control and a lot better ride. See what results I get for each move.

Scooter86 07-25-2015 05:55 PM

Spacers on the rear won't do much for ride quality on a swing arm setup. The good news is if the kfx 90 shock fits that should have much better damping and spring rates. That is one of the issues with a lot of these off brands. No r&d in the suspension and they are often way to stiff.

One other thing, someone mentioned laying the shocks down for better compliance, but they actually work better if they are more straight up and down. This gives the wheel more leverage on the shock, and they will compress easier, less drag from the shock body.

Bratman2 07-26-2015 06:31 AM

It will have to lay just a couple of degrees to get the 2" drop. I sure hope this works, of course I have plan B and C also if it doesn't.

LT80 07-26-2015 10:25 AM

How about a set of those screw on extenders? They are pretty cheap.
I have a set here for a LT80..3 on each side work for you?? LOL :D :D

Bratman2 08-01-2015 09:35 PM

Well the little Panther 110 has Kymco shocks all around now. I think my shift maintenance man only had several small pieces of stainless steel. I think they actually were titanium. Using water, oil, kroil I trashed several drill bits drilling these brackets. If I didn't have a drill press I don't think I would have ever finished. I dropped the air pressure to 3 lbs also. I can say it rides much better. I don't know when I will get my grandson to quit laughing. Granddaddy, what are you doing riding Cassie's four wheeler. You look funny on her pink camo four wheeler granddaddy! Had to test it out! Hopefully she will be here tomorrow to test herself. I think for right now I will pass on the tires, maybe next year if she sticks with it.

Zrock 08-03-2015 10:24 AM

Only issues i have ever had with running lower tire pressure in the kits atv's. At that pressure they would always leak. I ended up putting tubes in them.

Bratman2 08-03-2015 07:39 PM

I'll keep an eye on them!

DWK82 12-25-2015 10:02 PM

help

First ride and the oil sight glass came out ,I found it and can I just put it back in? Why would this come out?