Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

China 110cc improving ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China 110cc improving ride?

Purchased for very cheap ($150.00) a Panther 110cc for my 6 yo granddaughter. Only had to clean carb and buy battery and it runs great. But it rides like crap. Seems it has fully extend suspension even with her on it. My first idea was to try the Kymco 90cc rear shock which was the same length being I have one here also. This actually made a noticeable difference when I tried it. Imagine a circus clown on a little atv and that would be me trying it out. So first I have a nice used set of Kymco front and rear shocks coming. The front will have to be tabbed down 2" to fit but I only see minor fabbing to get that accomplished. Hoping for a massive improvement but if it needs more here is my second thought.

Second it comes with little 16" tires on 7" rims. This thing seems to have plenty of power so I was thinking of stepping up 2" in tire size. My idea is to get some Kenda 18x7x7 tires and mount on the rims. Change the sprocket out on the front down 2 teeth to compensate. Has anyone tried this and if so what were your results?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:44 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

How's the tires pressure? Just a drop of a pound or two can make a world of difference.

On some rough trails my ATV sure rides nicer with 4psi rather then 6 psi.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for your reply TLC. I have already dropped them down considerably. I think originally I had them on #6 because I have been told it is easier on your yard/grass. I see now that was a mistake and made it worse for her. Live and learn. Currently running them on 3.5# and that has helped some. The rear shock came yesterday so I hope to swap that out today. The front shocks I will hopefully get installed Monday or Tuesday when they arrive. If it still seems rough I may spring for the tires in a few weeks, but for right now I am going to see how better suspension works for her. She really does pretty good for a 6 yo. I have noticed though that it will sit a tire up in the air fairly easy on very uneven terrain. Sometimes when this happens she will veer the opposite direction of the lifted tire. Hoping to get her more stability and control.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:37 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Does the new shocks have pre-load adjustment. If so you can click them down as well for a softer ride. #1 being the softest.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

if your good at fabbing lay the shocks down a little more so they are not so strait up and down.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer

TLC, everything is already on the lowest setting. There is just no sag what so ever with the shocks on the atv. It is like they set it up for a 250 lb. man. I got the Kymco 90 shock on the rear today. Set to lowest setting. I actually used the shock off the 07. Figure with age and wear it may be a little softer. Put the new one on the Kymco 90. I will probably do that also with the front.

The new front pair came a little while ago. Being they will have to be tabbed up I will go straight up off the lower "A" arm. This should lay them down also. We will see how that works.
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can imagine that the suspension was probably an afterthought for whoever builds this. Yes they could have probably put better shocks on it but that would have made it cost more. It being a 110cc, it probably was designed for a heavier rider than a 6 year old girl. Maybe not a 250lb man but maybe like a 12 year old child. Probably just going to be a rough ride until she gets older and grows and gains some weight and by then the shocks will be somewhat worn out and will soften up the ride as well. Putting better tires on it might help too. I'm sure she still loves it anyway.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

She does love it. It is over sprung for me at 170#. I let you know what happens when I get the front done. Hopefully next week. Bed time for me, long weekend night shift!

Old 07-24-2015, 01:24 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Usually it's the other way around, people complain the shocks are to soft even on the stiffest setting and end up buying HD Springs.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can find some, wheel spacers will put more leverage on the front shocks, effectively making them softer. Added benefit of having a more stable handling platform.

Quick Reply: China 110cc improving ride?