Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Polaris 50

Old 05-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris 50

I was hoping someone may have had the same thing happen and can give some insight before I lose my mind! We bought an 06 polaris predator 50. We don't know much about 2 strokes, but it was running rough. My dad knows some about quads so he thought the carb needed adjusting. He tinkered with it for a bit and decided to just replace it. Replaced that and the quad was still having a hard time starting and not running rough. Decided to bring it to a local dealer where they checked the compression and a few other things and decided it was the Stator. Replaced that and they said it was running good but not perfect so they put the old carb back on and adjusted that. When we went to pick it up, the plastics were off from w hen we already tore it apart before bringing it in. Started right up, drove it over to our car, took it home, put the plastics back on and its running rough again. It will start after a few times and bogs out until it gets really warm. It takes about 20-25 mins of warming it up before it starts to run ok. When my son was riding it up and down the field to warm it up it would run fine coming up the hill but when he'd go down a hill it would start to cut out again. We re ran the fuel line up through the steering stem but that didn't seem to make much of a difference either. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 05-18-2017, 09:36 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

have you checked the choke operation.. Sounds like when you put the plastics back on you may have hit something.