KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Dinli drops the other shoe...

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dinli drops the other shoe...

I recieved this on another forum. The question was would you (Dinli) elighten us...on your involvment.

the only thing that ATK purchased is a few truckloads of parts, wich should be helpful to most of you. However once those parts are gone, they are gone. Dinli has almost everything. Dinli has all of the intellectual property, copywrites (even the frame) & all the molds & jigs for parts and units. Oh and there was a comment in one of the first replies to this forum that said that Dinli atvs looked cheap. Our 50s & 90s are the fastest youth atvs off the line, right out of the box, no aftermarket. Theres an old saying......Don't knock it tell you try it!!

Old 09-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

the reason te dinili 90 youth quad is the fastest is because it is more that 90cc. most the so called 90's are actuallu 82.5 cc like our eton. the dinili 90 is not leagal to run atva or national events because it excedes the 90cc maximum. just a little info to explain that statement.

Mark

Old 09-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not really concerned with the minis. I think it was just Dinli trying to blunt the critisism of their products that is in posts on the forum. What I was interested in was the statement by Dinli that ATK is only in their (Dinli)'s opinon a resaler of c-dale's former inventory and once it's gone thats it for ATK.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

He also said they plan to produce all of the quads, unchanged. I look forward to that. If they make small improvements in the few flaws the 'Dales had by listening to the consumers and then are able to sell them cheaper, that will be one heck of a product. Think about it. Korean cars seem pretty reliable. These guys seem like they crave performance just like we do and plan to provide it. That puts a smile on my face baby, ear to ear. I say, lets support them to get there. If they can sell these cheaper and make money, maybe they can cooperate with somewhere like Southbaymoto and start sponsoring a factory ATV team like the big 2 have done recently. Give these guys a few years, let's see them prove themselves. But if they do, the sky is the limit for this original design.

What ya'll think?

Old 09-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's a she! I am really interested in all the misinformation out there. From the boards, venders and interested parties everyone seems to be saying what is in their best intrest. I'm keeping an open mind! Whatever happens happens!

Old 01-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi,

I purchased a Trex 50 (Dinli: Rex, DL601-50) for my 6 year old (soon to be a 9 year old) 3 years ago.
Just wanted to mention that I have not had one bit of trouble with it, even though my kids beat the hell out of it. I will need to purchase some new plastic in the near future but that is due to how we ride and not the quality of the bike. I would highly recommend the DL601-50 for a reasonably priced youth ATV.

Thanks
Paul

Old 01-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Trailblazer

as i read on ATV action magazine they said that ATK will begin Manufacturing parts for cannondales. so i guess the parts avalibilty problem is eliminate.

about Dinli. will i guess they will not make major changes coz they bought cannondale right soon. ( befor 3 months i guess. and they said they will be on indy show next feb .. do u think that enoght time to make major changes such as frame..etc as justin hall said. i dont think so coz there is no enough times to check reliabilty after those changes.

i guess its not fair to compare high performance quad with EFI not carb system with Dinli mini quad ( im not Pessimism ) but let's see how Dinli will do next feb.

i think after justin hall took all info from maz,wade and guys from cannondaler and cannondaleriders. i think it shouldnt be big problem for them to release impressive quad

Old 01-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think ATK will be manufacturing any quads that resemble a Cannondale anytime soon.

Dinli will probably come out with something more like the YFZ or TRX but cheaper $$$. Good power but the rest there will be room for improvement. I think they will only make a Cannibal-like quad not the advanced racer versions that didn't sell anyways aka Blaze/Moto.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Trailblazer

they will manufacturing parts not quads. and yeah justin said they they will make the 5 quads. Dinli cannibal , Dinli speed..etc

i wsh only one thing from both ATK or Dinli. i wish they make good marketing for them as i know there is too many dont know cannondale even befor the bankrup.

my dream is that the old founder of cannondale bought it back and the motorsport divsion come back to make wade wilcox the chairman of mechanics with kyle from R&S ,dustin and chuck lund from southbaymoto big winkey from diamon racing steve maslanik and lewis for parts and performance mod and those yamaha , honda , suzuki..... the fuc* up... wo what a tough team!!

i remeber when teh bankrup ( my mechanic said that cannondale will make the 2004 model lighter by 25 pounds and with 450 c.c. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img](((((((((((((((((((((((

Old 01-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

I'm suprised that they are doing the 5 model thing. Interesting.

Quick Reply: Dinli drops the other shoe...