KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannibal Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 11:24 AM
ag
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannibal Tuning

Looking for a little help... I've had my cannibal for about 6 month's, overall it's been pretty awesome! However, of late it has been running really rich and back firing after each time I throttle up. I've changed the plug (which was black half way up the threads), cleaned air filter and fuel filter. Has anyone experienced this problem and is it something that I can fix?

Peace!

Old 09-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cannibal Tuning

You probably just need to get it hooked up to a laptop and lean it out a bit. They tend to be rich from the factory and the injectors start to flow better with use which richens them up even more.

Do you have a competent dealer nearby? Otherwise you can get a copy of Maintenance and Diagnostics software from Optimum Power.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:26 AM
ag
Weekend Warrior
Default Cannibal Tuning

I checked with my local dealer and he said that the valves may need adjusted along with my injectors. Is this accurate or is trying to blow smoke up my ars?

Old 09-23-2003, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cannibal Tuning

The injectors can't be adjusted per-se, but you can adjust the ecu fuel values as I mentioned above.

The owners manual calls for a valve adjustment after the first 25 hours and then every 50 hours I believe. I don't adjust mine that often nor do most owners I know. I would do the calibrations first and see how it runs, if it's still running poorly have the valves checked. You have to drop the motor to check/adjust the valves so it can be expensive.

Old 09-23-2003, 01:16 PM
ag
Weekend Warrior
Default Cannibal Tuning

Yeah, looking at $400 - 450 if they have to tune the valves - that why I thought I would ask. This quad is a whole new machine than what I'm used too. I'm still trying to get familiar with it. Would you advise purchasing the Maintenance and Diagnostic software? Mind you I'm a weekend warrior and I'm not too sure how often I'll need to adjust things.

What kind of pipe do you have on your quad? I'm looking at HMF... I read a lot of good things about the HP it adds.

Old 09-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cannibal Tuning

I have a Blaze with the FMF Ti4 on it as it came from Cdale.

I have read however that the BigGun full system is the most impressive, second only to the TC and Trinity race pipes.

Remember that if you get a pipe you will need to get a new map. I think any of the high flowing exhausts you could run either the Blaze or Moto maps with because they are already setup for the high flowing Ti4.

I am from near your area and just bought a Blaze, so I'm learning about them right now too. Right now I'm away at college but maybe over the summer we can hook up and ride our 'Dales together. I've only seen one in person riding in NE Ohio this whole past summer and it was busy riding wheelies 100 yards at a time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2003, 04:10 PM
ag
Weekend Warrior
Default Cannibal Tuning

Yeah, I have not seen to many around myself.

Is windham over by six flags? Where do you ride?

Old 09-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cannibal Tuning

Windham is in between Warren and Akron, about half way. Small town. If you know Hiram college it is close to there.

Over the summer I rode quite a few weekends at Elson Street Ride Park just south of Canton. Pretty nice place to ride for 10 bucks a day. I was still on the Wolverine then. Haven't ridden the Cdale yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I'm hoping to make some big trips to good places this coming summer. Like Rausch Creek, Hatfield, etc. Should be a GREAT summer of riding to come.

A guy in Nelson, another small town near me, races MX on his Cdale. Maybe you'll see him if you go to any races.

Where do you ride?

Old 09-24-2003, 10:12 AM
ag
Weekend Warrior
Default Cannibal Tuning

I go down to Elson fairly often, however in the past year the trails have been getting pretty rutted out. Lately, I have been riding down in Urlichsville at a place called crow canyon. I believe this is the first full year it has been open. It has a real nice MX track and the trails are in really good shape. I also have some property down in southern Ohio where we ride.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Cannibal Tuning

Rutted out? No way, I didn't do that on my Wolverine, I swear.... lol. Yeah, they are kind of getting some ruts to them but usually with a little effort you can stay out of them. I liked watching the guys drag race in the field and also watching them climb the hills as you first go in.

I have heard nothing but good things about Crow Canyon. I'll have to check it out this coming summer.

We also do a little riding (couple times a year) down in West Virginia where we have a cabin and there is a ton of land to ride on. Quite fun.

Quick Reply: Cannibal Tuning