KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

whats better cannondale or yfz450

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what better cannondale or yfz450

i have a moto and ive raced alot of yfz's and there fast i beat some but others are alot faster but thats also because they have a lot of $$$$$ in them but ive also come across some with just minor mods and are fast! so im wondering if its time to sell the old cannondale and step up too a yfz

Old 07-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats better cannondale or yfz450

I had a high comp piston and titanium valves in my quad as well as the 450cc kit. My valves kept floating and now have a stock head w/ stock valves and reangled injectors.. My bro has a cam modded YFZ w/ all the other bolt on goodies. My Dale would take his YFZ. No his YFZ didn't have a piston.. We never did race, but my WWE450 would pull like a freight train and I know for a fact would leave the YFZ behind.. With my set up now I am very very close to a his YFZ and comes down to the better start.. Please no bashing.. This is my experience on a weelky basis riding w/ the bro for over a year.. He got his YFZ July 1st last year.. In the sand the YFZ is always faster due to the way the power is delivered. On hardpacked the Dales power is more useable and has no wasted energy from wheelspin..

Old 07-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Trailblazer

get ACE RACING Airbox and XMX map from www.cdaleparts.com

Old 07-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

looks like the future would be better for the yamaha

Old 07-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If i was going to keep a quad for years it would be the yamaha or honda 450. The cannon is a good quad but not for the masses. If you love to get your elbows dirty and enjoy working on quads then you may like the cannon better. If you are a gas and go rider there are better choices.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Well said 14mins. They are definitly not a quad for the masses. It seems now instead of spending money and time on "Hop Ups" now I seem to spend more time on maintanence and money on synthetic oil and pricy filters. Cant say if I would ever sell all of my dales but I have had my eye on those GasGas450s for some time. They come stock just a tricked out as a the higher model dales. Very tempting.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WISTECH
Well said 14mins. They are definitly not a quad for the masses. It seems now instead of spending money and time on "Hop Ups" now I seem to spend more time on maintanence and money on synthetic oil and pricy filters. Cant say if I would ever sell all of my dales but I have had my eye on those GasGas450s for some time. They come stock just a tricked out as a the higher model dales. Very tempting.
I really like the 300cc two-stroker they got(the "wild" I think its called?). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandgod
In the sand the YFZ is always faster due to the way the power is delivered. On hardpacked the Dales power is more useable and has no wasted energy from wheelspin..
He sooooo hit the nail on the head... The yfz does waste a lot of energy from wheelspin...

I've ridden c-dales, and they seem to accelerate like a raptor... but they're no joke to go up against when racing... It's fairly close everytime I race my buddy... but I know for a fact that I'm probably spinning about twice as fast as he is. When I finally lockup, that's when I start to pull on him..

(c-dale cannibal)

Old 08-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Personally I think it is opinion. I love being different. I like the YFZs and my father wants me to race one next season, but I just love riding the dale and meeting people on the trails that don't even know what they are. YFZs are everywhere and people just look over them now. The dale gets looks.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Your dead right there. Once you polish up the frame the gaukers will never leave you alone. LOL

Quick Reply: whats better cannondale or yfz450