KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

New Bargan priced Cannondale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 05:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Told you it would happen! There's a new red one called a cannibal! The only difference I can see is the shocks! The graphics are also different in that they say Cannibal... Cool! 6995.00 YES!

Old 06-14-2001, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

So all you lose are the shocks, gee what a deal, Then you can take that 1000 dollars and buy some PEP or TCS!!

Old 06-16-2001, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

it also has steel wheels

Old 06-17-2001, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

I was wondering what the changes were are you sure that is it, because on their website it mentions a different power to weight ratio. So now cannondale has 2 performers now we will just have to wait and see what kawasaki {hopefully} and suzuki will do.

Old 06-17-2001, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

it has steel wheels, remapped EFI, different shocks, and its also rumored to be getting different tires.

Old 06-29-2001, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

None the less I feel that's a great idea. They listened to what people had to say and built a price minded ATV. Cannondale deserves a lot of credit for actualy listening to us unlike all the other manufactures.

Old 06-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

a price minded atv my butt!!! 7 grand!!! forget it. both of my EX's were 5200 a piece out the door. lets see 5200 subtracted from 7000. well gee thats only a measely little $1800. and it will still only beat the ex in a drag race by a length!! what a waste. for 1800 just in the engine you can make an ex spank the cannon so bad in a drag. if cannondale would get their heads out of their butts about the price. and if honda would get their heads out of their butts about not giving us what we want. jeeez.
these two companies need to trade some ideas. cheaper prices-better quads.

Old 07-01-2001, 06:50 AM
Trailblazer

Hylton400ex, you read and put too much into what the mags write. Have you personaly raced an FX on your 400EX?
I have raced a Raptor and beat it by more than a bike length on my FX, sure glad I didn't read those mags before I bought my C-Dale. And the price is resonable for what you get in engineering and components. If Honda comes up with something new, I'll bet it's not going to be $5200.

They can make 400EX affordable, as you say, because its old technology, air cooled engines are seriously outdated. I don't think $1800 is going to buy you what it takes to build your 400EX to compete seriuosly with the FX. The FX was built with racing in mind. Lets take for example we are running the same course, I want my gearing set for a specific section, I pull off a side cover and replace a certian gear. You would be stuck changing final drive gearing with risk affecting another section of the tracks performance, or you split the cases and change your primary. Or you need to adjust your carburation because the new pipe you put on is running you too lean and hot, my FX doesn't need adjustment and the 2002's will have adjustable mapping for variable performance. Cam timming will be uneffect by the stresses of building this engine up becuase they are gear driven cams. The crank doesn't spin through oil, it's a dry sump design which equals less hp loss due to friction.

You pay the price for technology, how else do you think anything will get better. Do you know what it takes do design and build an engine? It isn't cheap, you don't just plug some #'s into a computer and spit out a design, theory only gets you part the way there.

To say you can "spank" the FX400 with your extra $1800 and a 400EX is one thing but too do it....let me know when your ready. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm not dumping on the Honda or any other quad, I could careless what anyone else wants to ride. Some people just need to find the truth and not believe what some mag says.

Moto24
'01 FX400
'98 Kawi ZX-9R
'90 Kawi ZX-7 (superbike)
'84 VF750R
'80 Kawi KZ650

Old 07-01-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

hey don't get me wrong i think the cannondale is great new quad with features that no other company is brave enough to venture into. by saying that you beat a raptor isn't saying a whole lot to me. the most i have lost to a raptor would be by a length. which would be a lenght further behind your FX if you were in that race. that is 2 lengths. thats quite a bit. thats also what you get when you put a 432cc engine, 12.5:1 piston, is it DOHC? i can't remember, fuel injection, and a better designed reverse cylinder alowing air to come in quicker, and exhaust to exit faster. have you raced a 440ex? just curious to see what the results are

Old 07-01-2001, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hyltoo440ex;
I have raced my son many of times on his new 400ex. Which is piped, air box mods with a K&N, and jetted. I'am about 50 pounds bigger and I beat him by 15 yrds. in a 100 yrd race. They are both great quads but in a drag race the mags are wrong. But when he had his full mod 360 shee, that was a different ball game. It was a dead heat till I hit the rev limiter in 5th gear then the shee would run!!! away to 85+ mph.

RACERJIM

Quick Reply: New Bargan priced Cannondale!!!!!!!!!!!!