KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

My first experience with a Cannondale...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this past week I went to Roost Fest in Waynoka, Oklahoma. The first day out at the drag strip I was just enjoying the cool lookin banshees and other varieties. I was very surprised to see a brand new FX come roarin out of the gate. Being my inquisitive self I challenged him to a drag race right off the bat. Before you knew it there were 20 or 30 quads out there lined up with us wanting see what this quad could do. And boy was I surprised! To say the least this thing spanked me like i was ridin a 300EX! Right out of the hole the guy jumped out at least 3 lenghts ahead of me and by the end of the 300yd mark(they had cones out) he had me by 5-6 lengths. And he just kept goin. He had a Big Gun pipe. That is all that I know of. Some people think the quad looks ugly? I used to, not anymore. The thing is sweet lookin. Some people think it sounds like its going to fall apart? The best sounding engine(I don't mean pipe) I have ever heard! It sounds almost just like my 929RR!! Man, this thing is the real deal!

Old 09-17-2001, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

I saw my first Cannondale in person a couple weeks ago at Silver Lake. I didn't get a close look, just saw it several times passing by. The frame on that thing is amazing. It looks so awesome, the magazine pictures don't do it justice. I don't mind the plastic either; I didn't at like it at first, but now it looks OK. Who looks at their plastic while they're riding anyways?

The Cannondale that I saw had some strange fur on it's rear fenders. I saw a bunch of other quads out there with fake fur all over them. That was real weird.

Old 09-17-2001, 06:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was at wynoka this weekend and i talked to the guy with the cannondale and the biggun pipe. i must say i was very impressed with the performance he was giving the 250r and the high end yahamas a good run. the pipe sounded great but i like biggun products. he did not have any complaints but he did not offer any good stuff either. and buy the way i represent that remark about the 300 thats what i ride and of corse was spanked at the drags. but i did not see any cannondales getting any air time either.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

I think the moto 440 is going to be good competition for 250rs next year.

Fur on quads! now thats something new.....