KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

160MPH BEAST TRIKE SOLD FOR 10 GRAND BOUGHT A CDALE SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dad put a v-max engine in his old 350x trike! it almost doesnt even fit, well, actually it doesnt, and he had to adjust the frame and chain ect... he tried it out the first time, and didnt work because the chain was too loose, went to a bike shop and got the right sized chain, then we needed a bigger sprocket for the chain, so we got a new sprocket, AND THEN!!!...... he went down the road with it, the thing is so loud you have to plug your ears! this v-max is a 1200 i think, 3-4 cylender. it looked like first gear was going atleast 30mph! like 60 kmh! then i relized he had the other 5 gears. he went to the end of the road and came back, and our road is about 3 miles long. when he came back i could hear him a mile away, i heard him change gears, he was in 4th, i finally saw him the sound coming closer and closer, he was doing, id say 120mph!!!!!! he put an rpm sensor thing, whats it called? it tells you when to change gears, and speedometre on it, he said we would need a wheelie bar on it soon or else well flip it. later that week we found some old scrapped parts from the junk yard and welded a wheelie bar on it. we found some old but good street tires from an old 250R so we put those on it. next day we went to a speedway(kayuga speedway, ontario canada) and tested it's speed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
after we put a speedometre on it from an old firebird with a 200mph limit. we were so excited we didnt relize the v-max engine was really sticking out of the frame, almost covering the pegs, so we welded some pegs and a metal floorboard from an old harly-davidson, we knew we were really getting into this trike, so we found some other things we could do to it, we went to my neighbour and borrowed his harly-davidson drag bars from Pool's but they didnt fit so we had to cut 2 cm off where they hook on, so they would fit.
Me and my dad wanted this thing to be a beast drag racer, which was supposed to be a suspention tricked woods racer. we jacked the suspention down to 4 in the front and 4 in the rear so it looked like a low rider, and it does! we needed something to make it aero dynamic, so we on a wing, welded it to the wheelie bar, it was off an old '33 Whillies Coupe. After all this playing around with the bike there couldnt possibly any more mods we can put on it, well, there was SOOoooo much more especially to a 1200cc v-max, right now were in the process of finding the best pipe available, oh, and, we needed a wheelie bar because of the big engine, but mostly that big *** sprocket we had on the back.. we changed the sprocket way down to an 82 kawasaki ke100 sprocket, very small, an xr80 has a bigger sprocket. this boosted so much more speed and wider gears, but there was a problem with the small sprocket, the thing would conk out if you go like under 20km, so we added a fly weight to it, still, it would conk out under 5-10mph, so we addjusted the clutch and idleing and she works fine. i took my boyseen reeds off my ktm250 and this gave it more torque from when we made the sprocket smaller. anyways, were at the kayuga speedway, all ready. we checked anything and everything so nothing could possibly go wrong.
..................START YOUR ENGINE!!!!............................
The checker flag went and he bolted, sort of like lightening, changeing gears wasnt heard often because the gears were sooooooo far apart, it just kept going faster and faster, the engine thundered, the front wheels staying in the air, still PEELING AND MAKING SMOKE in third gear,(thats why i have my name, it literally thunders, and fire comes out of the exhaust pipe, we used 100 octane race gas made from Titan cycle). I think the track was a straight 5 miles long, thats enough to get the speed this beast could. i had to plug my ears, just had to, it was louder than any engine iv ever heard, anything iv ever heard. it didnt take him that long though, 5 miles, took him about 7 minutes my guess. he came back, he said he didnt get to top it out, once he saw the end he knew he had to brake, he said he reached an amazing 160!!! he told me he couldnt go that fast again because his hands were slipping off of the bars! we had a big argument with the Judges because they said they had a GPS and they clocked him at 150mph, but he said he was doing 160. we didnt want the trike because our first intention was making a woods racer. we sold the sucker for 10,000 after taking off my boyseen reeds, i didnt want to give that away... a guy that was watching from the sidelines of the track wanted to buy it! we first thought we wouldnt even get 8 grand for it, but he said the engine was ship shape, and he himself couldnt find a way to get a v-max engine into a trike. all we did was find some old scrapped parts, weld them on, put a v-max engine in(very mind boggling and time consuming), change the sprocket, put a wheelie bar on it, and a wing! total mod price = $50 for the wing. the other stuff was from a junkyard my grandpa owns! Does anybody else have a big long story about building a monster trike? we used the 10 grand to buy our c-dale speed. this whole thing took a month, and for giving up our old 350x trike, 50 bucks into it, a month of hard labour and fooling around, you could possibly have a new c-dale. wow. long story, i ought to rest my fingers....

Old 09-27-2001, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

MAN I TOTTALLY BELIVE YOU! Acctually i dont. First off, all sleds have AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS. IT means no gears, and no shifting. I just caught you lieing there.

matt

Old 09-27-2001, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

I smell another Hondatrx300 .........

Old 09-27-2001, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

HOLY CRAP YOUR DUMB.. haha. Nice story there, liar. First off, Im pretty positive that Firebirds dont have a 200mph limit speedo. Second, after you said you welded a wheelie bar on there, you said you had to put one on there yet. Third, a frickin sprocket off a KE100 will probably not fit on what ever you put it on. Third, with the "smaller sprocket" you would not get more speed. Fourth, the most stupid thing i have ever heard in my life, "i took the reeds out of my dirtbike and put them in it." BULL**** the engine you "claim" is a four stroke, plus even if it was 2 stroke, you would need alot more reeds for all of those cylinders. AND if this track was 5 miles long, and this engine was sooo powerful, it would take only a mile and half tops to top out i bet, maybe 2.. and if you think abuot it, 5 miles in 7 minutes ?? if you are doing 60 mph, it should only take 5 minutes to travel 5 miles. If he was doing "160" it would only take .. maybe, 3-4 minutes ?? If your going to do bull**** everyone here, go somewere else. It just makes it worse for you, cause even if you are teling the truth, no one will believe you.

Old 09-27-2001, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

omg fer fen sake a v-max is shaft drive go lie else were !!!

Old 09-27-2001, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

that would be cool if he did make it thought!!

Old 09-27-2001, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

thunderpower, 160mph with 1200cc'c is nothing to brag about, especialy being a trike! Three days ago I was sitting around thinking how I could get more power/speed out of my C-Dale FX400. It took me awhile but I figured out a few things and just got clocked about an hour ago. This is what all I done.
1st mod: Drained all the head light and tail light fluid. This droped overall weight 5 1/2lbs.

2nd mod: Increased my tire pressure to 13lbs in the rear.

3rd mod: Replaced the stock roller bearings in the muffler with tapered bearings.

4th mod: Adjusted my head pipe linkage to the maxumim lenght.

5th mod: I bought 2 1/4" fuel injectors and had them installed today.

6th mod: I put on a 48 tooth rear sprocket.

7th mod: Cut my fenders and made the front end like a ram air.

8th mod: Replaced the air intake tubes' brass bushings with nylon bushings. Cut the back off the air filter and put a wire screen over it.

9th mod: drilled holes in foot pegs to save weight.

All these mods shaved 8lbs and gave me alot more hp. and overall speed. I havent had it put on a dyno yet but like I said I was just clocked. Top speed: 127mph, and its still at 400cc! Top that!

Old 09-27-2001, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

man im an idiot... i thought id get all these credits for looking cool... maybe not. you guys really know your stuff.... i wont lie again. and what do you mean "i smell another honda300?" i have a 300 2x4 what do you mean you can smell it?

Old 09-27-2001, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

damn it! i wanted to point out all the dumb mistakes you made but every1 beat me to it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2001, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Go read some of hondatrx300's postes on the honda board and youll know what im talkin about.

Quick Reply: 160MPH BEAST TRIKE SOLD FOR 10 GRAND BOUGHT A CDALE SPEED