KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Which cdale is right for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt own a speed, i rode it, but i didnt own it. dont be confused by my signature.

I dont race, i jump small-medium size jumps, nothing huge, pretty small, i love forest riding, aslong as it goes above 60mph which im sure it does, i dont care about how fast it goes. I want a quad with the best technology, the moto looks sweet, big stance, race ready or ready for motox. I really like the blaze but I dont like the fact that there are no foot protecters. You know, the black thing that catches your foot from hitting the back tires? Is it possible to get those, or should i just not worry about it? do they all have the same suspention? the jumps i jump are 20fters and less, will the blaze cannibal or speed handle my weight of 180lbs and not bottom out on 20 fters? im really worried about suspention, which machine has the best suspention? which has the best accelleration? which is the fastest? any opinions? im waiting for the z400...reverse isnt a major factor, but the moto440 doesnt have lights, i guess i could get a mounted light.

Old 01-20-2002, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

You can buy a speed or Cannibal and buy nerfs for it. I'm pretty sure they will go beside the foot gaurds or whatever they're called. If not, you can always do a little cutting here and there and get it to work like that. I think that the DS 650 has the best suspension as far as all the stock quads I've ridden. I've never ridden a Raptor but I'm sure it doesn't have suspension as good as the DS 650 (it has 12" of travel vs. the raptors 9+ in. of travel). The fastest and best accelarating is probably the Cannondale while in my opinion the best handling is the 400ex. The Banshee is fun too but probably not going to be your best choice for lots of woods riding. The DS is probably not the best trail quad either. I think your best choice would be a 400ex. If lots of power and acceleration is a big deal to you, than I would try to find a "older" Cannibal since most people say they are the best bargain. I have an "older" Cannibal and I havn't ridden the newer ones so I don't know if there really is a big difference. I'm not a big raptor fan so this is really hard for me to say, but you might be happier with a Raptor. It has reverse and looks nice, has good power (I think), is fast, and is narrow which would be good for those tight trails. This is just my opinion, so if someone dissagrees, don't get all pissed off and start a bashing contest.

Old 01-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

<< ...... I want a quad with the best technology,..... >>

Well your on the right track in the dale forum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

buy the one you easily can afford

Old 01-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Thunder,
My dealer just got a Blaze in last week. It comes with Pro peg style nerfs with the type of heel guard found on the Speed. If you try to put Graydon nerfs on a Cannibal the heel guard will need cut.

Old 01-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

i jumped 25 ft long wit 5 feet of air today and the &quot;old Cannibal&quot; landed smooth as anything on my good landing, i screwed up on the first one so that was my fault. get the 400ex or cannibal, don't get the raptor it is very tippy.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

If any of you buy nerfs, I wouldn't go with the graydons. They look awfully small and from what I can see, it LOOKS like your feet might hit the bars or get close to it, if you have big feet. I bought some AC nerfs and just got them in. They look good but take a little extra work to install them. A little Mothers Aluminum polish will make them look like they're chrome. I have also used the polish on my intire frame and it looks GOOD.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

YoDaddy,

Did you end up having to drill the hole in the frame to install them? I called RS performance today to order a set and they are out of stock. They told me on the speed all I have to do is pop out the plastic cap.

Trending Topics

Old 01-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah , Whats with people lieing and saying they own a cannondale?

Old 01-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, and get some vise grips to try to get the back of the nerfs to reach the pegs. The newer model Cannibals, along with the speed, have that cap, but I have one of the older ones so it's just metal there. I'm going to have to drill out a 1 3/8 in. hole to get them installed. ex_master, I hope you don't think that I don't own a Cannibal. You can check out my pics of ME on MY Dale on my website. If that isn't proof enough, than meet me at LS for Spring break and I'll let you LOOK at my C-dale. If you weren't talkin to me... my bad.

Old 01-23-2002, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure he is talking about killer400ex.

Quick Reply: Which cdale is right for me?