KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

new Vs. old

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you guys say the new cannibal and the old one, what are ya talking about? did they make some changes after the first few came out? thanks

Old 01-25-2002, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

The older ones had the Ohlins shocks and Aluminum ITP wheels and there were a few other differences. They sold the old and new ones at the same MSRP and I guess the older ones were still a little to expensive. The new ones got cheaper Arvin shocks and steel wheels but also got an upgraded mapping and GP Control. I still hear people say that the older Cannibals were a better deal and when I called R&S Performance and asked them something about my older Cannibal they said, "Oh, the FX" So I guess the older Cannibals are just red/black FX 400's with a less adjustable shocks.

Old 01-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

thanks, wow! the people who got the first ones really gpot a sweet deal though, because the FX is a grand more.

Old 01-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I think they where still shipping the Cannibals with Ohlins and ITP's recently and they had the new ECU and some had hydraulic clutches. Those are the best deal. I paid $1000 more for my speed and still haven't quite figured out the differences from some of the Cannibals. Even without the new ECU, I could have upgraded that for $349 and saved $600. I guess the gray & yellow plastic make it worth it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]