KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannondale is Fine - from Scott Montgomery

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to thank the many of you who have posted messages about our fine line of new machines. We in RND, production, marketing read these posts and pay close attention to your comments be they good, exceptional, or critical. We care and listen to your suggestions and you can trust we are working overtime to continue to improve day by day and week by week.

As a publicly traded company I am bound by SEC to not give out inside information but what I can say is we are focused and confident that our machines are outstanding.

Some facts (all public information):
Quads:
- Jeremy Schell took 3rd in the Pace series on his Cannibal by Trinity Racing.
- Kim K. from Nac's has finished 5th and 4th in first 2 Pro Production class GNCC races.
- ATV Action rated the Cannibal second in a recent shootout, first in most categories but
we took 2nd only due to no reverse option.
- ATV Action April gave the Speed an awesome four page review.
- ATV Sport magazine rated the Cannibal as bestin class 2002 "Sport ATV".
- Blaze440/Moto440 - it really has not production competition at this time.
- New Suzuki - it was shown at the Indy show, it looks nice but to me is not in the same
class as a fuel injected, aluminum framed Cannondale.
Motorcycles:
- Jimmy Lewis of Cycle World rode a C440 cross country to 3rd in the race in Florida last week and was very impressed with its performance.
- Check out thumpertalk.com if you want to see what new Cannondale owners are saying. I would say 80% positive of the comments I have read.

We started out in the bicycle industry no differently than in motorsports. We had some
issues, kept fixing them, got better, and better and we are doing the same in motorsports.

All in all we are very pleased and excited. We thank you all for your genuine support and I am sorry that I am unable to respond to more of our excellent comments, but rest assured we are listening, learning, and will go faster and faster.

To the future,

Scott Montgomery
Director and Vice-President
Cannondale

Old 03-13-2002, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Mr. Montgomery,

As a racer, who does his own wrenching, it is great to see you participating in this forum. No other manufactuers have ever represented themselves here, but a few big name engine builders are showing up. Thank you for what you are doing for this sport. You truly are the only team player out there. Keep up the good work. Maybe you'll have a #26 from Texas on your team someday.

Old 03-13-2002, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Lonestar,

Thanks for your kind words and I will watch for your results. Please call me Scott.

Hammer, hammer,

Scott

Old 03-13-2002, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Scott,

I would be more than willing to sell my 2 quads, and step up to the Moto. Unfortunately, there would be about a $4,000 gap in there that I couldn't account for.

One Day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Roosting til then.

P.S. It's kinda cool getting an email from a CEO at Cannondale [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Mr. Montgomery, it's very impressive what you and your company have been able to accomplish in 2 short years with the quad lineup you currently have. Those of us lucky few who own the C'dale quads took a gamble by purchasing this new an innovative 4 wheeler but with Cannondale's continued customer support and willingness to address quality issues in a timely fashion, you will continue to have great success! Thank you for a truely new and ingenious product!

Old 03-13-2002, 02:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mr.Montgomery, It speaks volumes for your Company to let your C'dale owners know that their opinion is heard and is valued by the Vice President of Cannondale. I think the C'dale rider's are very loyal already, and now they know that Cannondale is loyal to them.

Good luck in the Future!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-13-2002, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

Mr. Montgomery,

As a die hard Honda man I was hard pressed to make a switch to a unproven bike. After reading this board and looking at the features and benifits that your quad has, I had little choice in dumping my outdated 400EX. After only the break-in ride (Glamis this weekend) I can honestly say I'm Impressed. The power, quality of componets, handleing all are yards ahead of what's avalible currently on the market. But you know this.

It speaks volumes about a company's intrest in there product when the CEO takes time out of his hectic scheduale to communicate with some oowner. I've read alot of post in regards to Cannondale being in this market, but I'm not worried. If you do great, I helped with my purchase. If you don't I have a piece of history. My moneys on doing great.

Thank you for you time, and I look forward to many hours on my SPEED.

Smitty

PS Can you make the engine alittle quieter next time. LOL

Old 03-13-2002, 10:19 AM
Range Rover

Scott,

Time and time again your company has impressed me with your dedication and involvement with the riding and racing community. I have never owned a bike other than a Honda and frankly never thought I would consider moving to another manufacturer, but you guys have completely won me over. Your constant innovation and drive to improve your products are unmatched anywhere in the industry.

For me though, your willingness to really listen to your customers and the racing community at large is what truly sets you apart. It completely amazes me that FINALLY a company is coming to us and asking what we want from a high-performance ATV and is then turning those dreams into reality. While this might just seem like simple good business practices, for years the other major manufactures have been merely shoving their bland products down our throats and then ignoring our pleas for upgrades and improvements. Cannondale has really broken the mold.

I was at the GNCC in Macon this last weekend and it was really something to see the Nacs/Cannondale semi pulled up along pro-row. The machines looked great lined up there and as I walked by my heart jumped a couple of extra beats - "That," I told myself "is the future of ATV racing." It's been a long, long time since our sport has seen the level of support that Cannondale has put forth and it still just doesn't seem real to actually see a professional manufacturer-sponsored team at the races. I've been telling my old man (who, by the way, is looking to win the super-senior ATV class this year!) for months now that my next machine will be a Cannondale. At this point, I'm almost embarrassed to be riding anything else.

Scott, thanks for all that your company has done for this sport.

Best,

Dennis
hinesdm@hotmail.com

Old 03-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

well if you are really scott i must say this is great that you came and left a message on this forum to us cannondale fans. dont be a stranger and come back often. and dont let the people with negative statements drive you away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
thanks
what else can i say dhines said it all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2002, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Scott,

Absolutly incredible! a CEO that actually cares about his comsumers. I have watched Cannondale start in the bicycle business when Specialized and others were starting grass roots support and racing and cannondale did the same thing and flourished. Taking the same approach to motorsports is a brilliant way to foster grass roots support and will eventually lead to motorsports domination. Your products are far and away the best, most innovative, and most powerful on the market and your customer support and dedication to perfection is unmatched in the industry. I hope and believe you will be truly rewarded with extremely loyal fans and consumers that will buy again and again. Leave it to Americans to produce the highest quality machines for Americans in America! Hats off to you and your team Scott. You have my business for a lifetime. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
Graham

Quick Reply: Cannondale is Fine - from Scott Montgomery